Tip my hat to Netflix employees

Boubou

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2009
Montreal
These guys are hard working.
I mean at 12:51 this morning this guy was hard at work, texting me that my subscription was suspended.
Or maybe its Mumbai time.
Surprisingly they got the language right, he texted me in french, on the other hand all my communications with Netflix are in english.

I miss the good old days when i received spam about mortgages in the US. I live in Canada dummy.

crawdaddy

Most Honored Senior Member
Feb 11, 2010
Valley o Sun
A little off base, but since you are in Canada....going back a few years when texting was included in the plan.....BUT not international texting.....

Well, when I got my monthly bill....there were about $500 in text fees on my sons line....I went ballistic.....he told me, yeah, he had been texting a girl, but she was in Atlanta not Canada....

Okie dokie, let's call Verizon and get this straightened out....yep, she was in Atlanta but was from Canada....and so was her phone line...

Oh well expensive lesson learned...:):):)....I can laugh about it today...

Boubou

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2009
Montreal
Okie dokie, let's call Verizon and get this straightened out....yep, she was in Atlanta but was from Canada....and so was her phone line...

I remember having a long discussion with customer service about the location of the caller and the person called versus the location (area code) of their mobile phone and long distance fees.

Eric_G

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 10, 2021
Quebec
A little off base, but since you are in Canada....going back a few years when texting was included in the plan.....BUT not international texting.....

Well, when I got my monthly bill....there were about $500 in text fees on my sons line....I went ballistic.....he told me, yeah, he had been texting a girl, but she was in Atlanta not Canada....

So he was texting a Canadian area code but because the phone was roaming you were getting the extra charge ? WOW !

mad axe man

Senior Stratmaster
Jul 23, 2016
ontario canada
These guys are hard working.
I mean at 12:51 this morning this guy was hard at work, texting me that my subscription was suspended.
Or maybe its Mumbai time.
Surprisingly they got the language right, he texted me in french, on the other hand all my communications with Netflix are in english.

I miss the good old days when i received spam about mortgages in the US. I live in Canada dummy.
my wife and i got the same text...delete that text right away...lol ..i wonder what their scam is?

fuksman

Strat-O-Master
Jan 9, 2022
USA
it's funny alright.
but a while ago i discovered that i was paying for someone's netflix subscription in mexico - that's on top of my own, for almost a year. did get my money back eventually. netflix is no good, though; a had myself suspended off of it a couple of years now.