Today's Rant: Anybody use the 'Neighborhood' app from Ring?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Wound_Up, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Tone Deaf

Tone Deaf Most Honored Senior Member

Sinc3 I skipped over ALL the responses, I may be duplicating an already stated post.

What a FOOLISH recommendation that the OP made to go challenge someone who already has the audacity to park blocking her driveway. Who knows who or what type of person / personality does that.
    Call the police, that’s THEIR job to deal with the miscreants and crooks, not a little old lady’s job. The little old lady is the VICTIM.

2. White Dog

White Dog Strat-Talker

That's me...thank you.
    I agree that a "female" should call the cops (depending on the female of course...there are several that can out-shoot and/or kick our azz too you know)...but; me and one of my weapons (and I carry EVERY day) are gonna go ask what the "F" they're doing in front of my driveway.
    If they get me before I get them; I reckon it was meant to be.
    I'm not a fan of people in the first place---and if they invade MY space; they will be acknowledged.

FuncleManson and henderman like this.
  3. Wound_Up

Wound_Up CUSTOM USER TITLE Silver Member

I get on there like once every 3 months, when I happen to check that email address and notice a stupid post like what I posted about previously. Lol. Believe me. I don't spend my days there with those idiots.

4. Wound_Up

Wound_Up CUSTOM USER TITLE Silver Member

This is a joke, right? You've got to be kidding. Victim? Because someone parked halfway in front of their driveway? Lol! OKKKAAYYYYY. SURE.

5. PCollen

PCollen Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

The Nextdoor app is a hotbed of gossip and rants. If it isn't about Walmart and the "self-checkout blues", its about New Englanders moving to Florida and then complaining that they can't get good Italian- or sea-food like they could "up North". Some posts are valid and warranted, like those concerning lost/found animals. But complaining about a "prowler" with a flashlight walking the streets when it turns out to be your neighbor walking his dog at night.....:rolleyes:

6. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Guitar Player

The person blocking her driveway is intentionally being a jerk (one time might be an accident, but doing it regularly is raising a middle finger), and is in fact breaking the law. They don't deserve the old lady going and having a talk with them. They deserve a call to the police and a tow truck.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    Sarnodude likes this.
  7. Tone Deaf

Tone Deaf Most Honored Senior Member

No
    I’m not kidding, Mr Cornfield

tanta07 likes this.
  8. bbarott

bbarott Most Honored Senior Member

People these days just like to hide. They do not like the accountability that comes from showing their face. This is a bad thing as it enables all sorts of ugly behavior and it will not end well.

9. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Guitar Player

Unless the OP is or knows the person blocking someone else's driveway, none of us have any idea whether or not she tried to call out to those people. It may be her voice isn't that strong. It may be they've ignored her.

We don't have laws so that every violation can be a matter of negotiation and conversation, in this case between a property owner with a right to get in and out of her house and a d-bag repeatedly blocking her driveway. Do they expect a nice chat every time they park illegally?

10. Impulsive guppy

Impulsive guppy Strat-O-Master Silver Member

You've got the camera turned around the wrong way, supposed to be looking out. :p

vid1900 likes this.
  11. Sarnodude

Sarnodude Most Honored Senior Member

I hate it when people block my driveway. But it doesn't rise to the level of police calls and tow trucks.

12. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Guitar Player

Even if you have to get out of the house quickly, and have no idea who is blocking you in? Sometimes, I'm on call with my work. My wife and I have elderly parents who can and have had urgent care needs. I'm not shrugging my shoulders and just walking around the neighborhood looking for a scofflaw who has already told me through their actions they don't give a rat's ass about me.

If anyone has a burden of communication, it's the person doing the parking. Just knock on the door and ask. If they don't do that, why should the homeowner go looking for them to have a talk?

It's amazing the entitlement of some people. Break the law, then claim the real problem is the person who reported it. Knowingly mess with others, then claim that the ones being messed with are in the wrong for not giving a free pass to jerks. Yes, there are things people should talk about. Obvious matters of law aren't on that list.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  13. PonyB

PonyB Strat-O-Master

Grow up man. Nobody cares about being blocked including me.