Tone Master problem solved. User error to blame!

Otisblove

Senior Stratmaster
May 20, 2016
Chicago
I'm saddened to report that's how long the reverb and tremolo worked on my Tone Master Twin Reverb. Everything else still works for now. Still my favorite amp tone I've ever had.

Nothing to be done, just thought I'd mention it.

Engine Swap

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 23, 2019
Chicago
it-crowd-chris-o-dowd.gif

Mbroady

Strat-Talker
Mar 21, 2022
WNC
Ha. Oh so many years ago when I had gotten my first home computer ....Not as far back as punch cards but way back when, I was having problems with a (midi) program. I tired troubleshooting it for an hour +. . Then I called a friend who was more versed then I in the ways of bits and bytes. And he said “HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING OFF AND ON AGAIN. It was an epiphanic moment in this young teens life, And it has become a mantra, both literally and figuratively :)

Last edited:

kjatexas

Strat-Talker
Sep 8, 2014
Texas
I'm saddened to report that's how long the reverb and tremolo worked on my Tone Master Twin Reverb. Everything else still works for now. Still my favorite amp tone I've ever had.

I heard a rumor that Fender hired some of the same bean counters, that worked for CBS/Fender :)

Matopotato

Strat-Talker
Apr 11, 2021
Sweden
Getting the cables mixed up when plugging in a diy pedal not yet boxed? (It's mirrored imho)...
Plugging in (another) diy pedal with the IC socket in place. But IC still in some antistatic bag around somewhere....
Turning off the FX loop on amp, forgetting the noisegate on the first board is actually linked in on the fx board...
And then some. Should be a new thread.

Slartybartfast

Strat-Talker
Aug 10, 2020
Ca.

Wow. For most of us, blackface sound with no verb is just a non starter. I hope this doesn't turn out to be normal for these amps.

walter01

Strat-Talker
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom

Sorry about that Rocker. My 70’s Twin is tremmin’ and reverbin’ as it always did. Built to last in those days. Handwired to last intobthe space age and beyond!

dogletnoir

V----V
Nov 1, 2013
northeastern us
So I apparently stepped on the pedal and turned off the reverb and tremolo while I was moving some stuff around. Still an idiot. Carry on.
LOL.
Just about the first thing they teach you in an audio engineering program when looking at a
non-functioning element of the signal chain is, "Check to see if it's turned on."

Triple Jim

Guy Who Likes to Play Guitar
Silver Member
Feb 27, 2018
North Carolina
Ha. Oh so many years ago when I had gotten my first home computer ....Not as far back as punch cards but way back when, I was having problems with a (midi) program. I tired troubleshooting it it for an hour +. . Then I called a friend who was more versed then In I in the ways of bits and bytes. And he said “HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING OFF AND ON AGAIN. It was an epiphanic moment in this young teens life, And it has become a mantra, both literally and figuratively :)
That reminds me: (NSFW)

Last edited:

RaySachs

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2017
Philly area
I had a similar eff-up with a ceiling fan recently. Had a universal remote that, when you turned the fan off with the remote, the pull chains wouldn't do ANYTHING until you turned it back on with the remote. I didn't know that - I just knew NOTHING would get the fan or the light working. So I reasonably assumed the fan was dead. Got an electrician lined up to come out. He told me that if the remote is messed up, it might kill the whole thing. Or not. But he suggested I buy a replacement fan in case it was needed, and he'd come out and see if it was repairable and, if not, he'd put in the new fan. So I bought a fan - a couple actually, because I hadn't measured ours before I went to buy one - and he was gonna come out in a couple days. The morning he was supposed to come, I noticed that remote had a little battery compartment. On a whim, I changed the battery and everything was as good as new. Fortunately, I caught him before he showed up.

Man I felt like an idiot! As punishment, I found out a couple days later we need a whole new HVAC system...

-Ray

rd2rk

New Member!
Silver Member
May 19, 2013
Lakewood
Long ago when I worked in IT, a lawyer called me in to fix his computer that wouldn't boot.
Paid me $150 to turn on his power strip...

I drove myself half crazy this morning trying to figure out why I wasn't getting any signal from my Scarlett AI into Reaper. After about half an hour I remembered that a couple of days ago I was troubleshooting Reaper with my Helix as AI for someone and hadn't switched back to the Scarlett in Reaper. Physician, heal thyself!

nosmo

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 13, 2020
Gormenghast
Our aircraft shop had an owner/pilot come storming in one afternoon screaming and ranting that we had somehow "shorted out" all of his avionics (radios). Everything worked when he dropped the airplane off, but after we were done nothing worked!!!! And the job didn't have anything to do with that system. He was IRATE!!!!! They sent me out to troubleshoot................I found the Avionics Master switch in the OFF position. He didn't even say "Thank you".

CB91710

No GAS shortage here
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 24, 2019
SoCal
I heard a rumor that Fender hired some of the same bean counters, that worked for CBS/Fender :)
Most of them are retired or dead.

But don't worry... every year, American universities are kicking out thousands of new bean counters with tons of ideas and zero experience into the workforce!
There are plenty to go around, and they make the CBS bean counters look like they knew the business!