1. Enter to Win one of two Strats we are giving away! An American Pro II Strat HSS and a Squier Classic Vibe Strat. To see the prizes and rules: https://www.strat-talk.com/pages/2020_Fundraiser_giveaway/ To enter: https://www.strat-talk.com/account/upgrades To enter, simply upgrade to silver (1 entry), gold (2 entries), platinum (5 entries), or double platinum supporting membership (10 entries). November 5th is the last day to enter!

Top 5 Best Cables for Players 2020

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by The-Kid, Feb 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Most Honored Senior Member

My recommendation is practice. Hell .. it helps me

Nate D, 808K and Antstrat like this.
  2. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Most Honored Senior Member

For everyone here who has read the thread, I just talked with @The-Kid and suggested that he put the information for the top cables in a chart like the one that @mapleglo posted a link to. He said he’s open to that and may do that at a later date. So, we shall see what all this info looks like on a chart, and it will all be there. I’m sure the numbers don’t lie. However, I don’t think any newcomers will want to read the whole thread or watch all the videos to glean the information. A chart will make it easy peasy. We should encourage him to do that. Otherwise pull up a chair and grab some popcorn:D I mean I think he really is trying to help, but eleven pages of back and forth doesn’t help.

Since he is willing to spend the time on this, perhaps PM him your favorite brand and length of cable, and perhaps he can get those tested. Until then I’m sticking with my Divine Noise Cables. Just based on my personal experience with them over the years. I might try MXR or Ernie Ball though, as they are far cheaper than the Divine Noise.

I had many different cables, from many different makers up until last year and they all failed. The Divine Noise are the only one I’ve had that survived.

808K and The-Kid like this.
  3. heltershelton

heltershelton BANNED Silver Member

Im glad i have a wireless.

guitarface, Nate D, The-Kid and 3 others like this.
  4. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Guy Who Likes to Play Guitar Silver Member

Ha yes. And I'm glad that as I've gotten older I've lost interest in a lot of the minutia that would have consumed me before. I now know what needs to be done to make what comes out of my amps sound better, and it has nothing to do with cables.

5. fezz parka

fezz parka fezz parka

There's nothing to get. It's hash. Crank up the squelch and dial it out. ;)

Stratoskater, Nate D and roadhog96 like this.
  6. longboard blues

longboard blues Senior Stratmaster

so you are saying that thr tests others do are corrupt? And the 'tests' you are squeaking excitedly about aren't, despite you benefitting from your endless shilliing for MXR ? And you're still insisting cables you've never played are better for tone?

Wow.

but you haven't played them. . .

Come back when you understand what research is. And objectivity.

Do you actually play the guitar, or just talk about it a lot?

The-Kid and hexnut like this.
  7. guitarface

guitarface Most Honored Senior Member

Twelve pages on cables? I skipped to the end just to write this. Still not sure I wanna read the middle.

8. Antstrat

Antstrat Senior Stratmaster

Ever watch paint dry? Something like that.

I gotta quit posting in this thread but it’s like watching Star Trek on acid.

duzie and StratSounds like this.
  9. roadhog96

roadhog96 Senior Stratmaster

Don’t waste your time it’s all a crock of poop. Now the titles been edited, he can’t make up his mind what he likes.

10. Dudeman7

Dudeman7 Strat-Talker

I fully understand the worm hole effect of trying to find the best cost/performance ratio of gear. I have been there with a lot of different projects over the years and honestly, I enjoy the research aspect of hobbies.

That said, audio cables are probably the most divisive items available. I read reviews, tested cables and what I learned is that all cables can fail. Have a backup. Also, tonal differences between cables are so subtle they are imperceptible to me.

Pick cables that you can afford to have spares of and that are readily available for replacement to you locally.

Stratoman10 likes this.
  11. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Fuzz Meister General

I farted earlier and there was all sorts of noise and crackling and popping.

Jason D, The-Kid and roadhog96 like this.
  12. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Most Honored Senior Member

}Popping” or Pooping?” When you get to be my age you can’t trust a fart.

Stratoskater, 808K and The-Kid like this.
  13. longboard blues

oh, the dreaded Shart.... guaranteed to spoil your day.

The-Kid and 3bolt79 like this.
  14. longboard blues

i'd recommend it - just to marvel at the sight of the OP having a fight with their own imagination, and losing.

hexnut likes this.
  15. roadhog96

I’ve become a fartoholic in my old ripe age, and I do mean ripe. What does age have to do with a fart?

Stratoskater and 3bolt79 like this.
  16. The-Kid

The-Kid Dr. Stratster Vendor Member

Bro at some point I may get one of each and I will do a blind test just for you and even record if I can. I already hit up some others and they are down to be aparr of the review.

Understand Im just a dude and well I have limited time, resources and money and doing the best I can here.

I understand were your coming from.

I disclosed that I bought these cables with my money and well yeah. If I ever do receive some other cables from other companies to test I will disclose such info and be as fair as I can.

I get what your saying man but please understand I am being as transparent as possible by disclosing this when I dont have to.

Thanks again for your viewpoint and its mucb appreciated.

Your comment earlier regarding farta made me shart a little too in laughter.....

So atleast we got that from all our back and forth hahahah

Cheers and thanks for the input.

17. StratSounds

StratSounds Senior Stratmaster

Weeeeelllllll, let me tell you. A couple of years ago, me and the wifey, both 50, ok I’m two years younger:D, were just a sittin’ around, watching tv, and crackin’ off a couple of fancy air biscuits on the old couch, when the thought occurred to me...”do you fart more as you get older?” So, in my eternal search for infinite wisdom, I googled it. Yep, it’s true, so no matter what your age now, congratulations, ya got that to look forward to. And that’s my contribution to the 12-page cable cluster f#@k thread.

3bolt79 and roadhog96 like this.
  18. roadhog96

19. heltershelton

heltershelton BANNED Silver Member

tell me about it.:(

brings a whole new meaning to the word, "shuffle".

Stratoskater and 3bolt79 like this.
  20. longboard blues

I'd recommend becoming vegetarian and eating a lot of lentilis and broccoli , if you REALLY want to make some noise. Mercifully, veggie guffs don't stink like meat eaters ones.. a meat eating mate came round a while back and did an air poo, and it smelled like dogsh1t. ,,

3bolt79 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.