Total noob, fat fingers, Afinity SSS

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by bigbulgarian, Nov 15, 2010.

1. louis cyfer

louis cyfer i know nothing

the base of your fingers are too close to the edge of the fretboard bigb. move your hand a little bit further down and you'll get a more comfprtable position. the classical position works just fine for blues and rock too. remember the position of the neck can be fluid, so you adjust it depending on where and what you are playing.

2. bigbulgarian

bigbulgarian Former Member

Thanks man! Yeah, I have improved quite a lot since the picture was taken. My hand has limbered up a little and changing the position of the guitar has helped a lot too. I'll keep in mind what you said about the neck - I guess it doesn't hurt to experiment at this point :)

3. louis cyfer

louis cyfer i know nothing

good. keep practicing. that is the most important part. make sure you relax your hands as much as possible. play with as little pressure as possible without just buzzing the string.

4. Vinny29

Vinny29 Strat-Talk Member

I read this entire blog, hope you ended up getting the Bullet. I tried learning on my sons Starcaster by Fender with a 40mm nut and had difficulty. Ended up buying a used Squier SE with a 42mm nut and chunkier neck. absolutely love it and it has really made a difference.

5. Hash McBrown

Hash McBrown Senior Stratmaster

Hard to say; he hasn't been on here in almost five years. But if he did keep playing, after eight years I'll bet he has more than one guitar.

I like the SE. With just a little work, they're really nice. Looks like it's been replaced with a short scale neck Strat in Fender's latest release.