Trem Arm Thread Size

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by FoxRodder, Jul 31, 2007.

1. FoxRodder

FoxRodder Strat-Talk Member

I just wanted to see if anyone else had dealt with this. My bullet came without a trem arm but I noticed it had the threaded hole. The trem arm from my MIM strat slides in and out because its too small. Theres not much info on the net but I found an ebay auction that listed a squier large thread size 12-24 arm which looks like it would work. A couple of other sites had a 10-24 large size listed but I think they made a typo as a 10-24 should be just as small as a 10-32 like the standard ones.

I was trying to find a 12-24 bolt in the garage but only seemed to come up with one bolt that started to thread in but its too short so it bottoms on the high e bridge saddle. If nobody knows anything I will still find out and post up for future reference.

2. FoxRodder

Well after more experimenting, I'm finding that the 12-24 starts to thread in and then seems to stop quickly. 6mm seems to thread in better but still feels slightly loose but I dont think anything else can fit.

I think I'm going to bend a piece of metal for the arm and weld the 6mm screw to it

3. FoxRodder

After some searching I found that there are some 6mm threaded tremolo bars out there although kind of harder to find. I found one guitar parts guy on ebay that has them and just got mine today for like 8 bucks shipped and it fits great. Great guy to deal with: jstajem is his ebay handle.

4. Axis29

Axis29 Strat-O-Master

Sorry to come late to the party... I had a similar problem with my MII Squier. I bought what was listed as a Squier trem arm at GC, took it home, waaaaay too loose. SO I brought my guitar in and we dug through the leftover arms in the drawer that every GC has and found one, got it home only to figure out it
    s bent the wrong way... It's for a lefty, but I've gotten used to it. If you hadn't found one, I was gonna suggest taking your guitar with you to a shop.

5. Captain Bb

Captain Bb Strat-O-Master