TS style

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by guitarface, May 25, 2020.

1. DeMelo

DeMelo Senior Stratmaster

Not sure about what you mean by “TS style”, if it means a weak overdrive that you use to push the tubes on an overdriven amp, I got the EHX Soul Food, which is basically a Klon Centaur clone, in my pedal chain.

Lately, though, I’ve been into a minimalist vibe. I’m running a Fulltone Octafuzz into an already angry Blues Jr with a Crybaby on the side, and doing everything with that rig and lots of elbow grease.

It sounds WAY better than lots of pedals and too much thought. I think you could try any decent overdrive into a smaller amp with tubes that you can drive early, it is a winner combination.

P.S. you called me an idiot last time we chatted but still, take this seriously... lol

Noiseless Ed likes this.
  2. ajb1965

ajb1965 Old Enough to Know Better Strat-Talk Supporter

EHX East River Drive. Not currently on the board

Noiseless Ed likes this.
  3. CigBurn

CigBurn You should see the other guy. Strat-Talk Supporter

Given your criteria:

I like using a clean boost pedal into a SD-1. The boost/SD1 really works for me, whether its through the HRD or direct into the DAW. Run that through a Joyo American Sound on the way to the DAW and you have some pretty versatile stuff.

4. myredstrat

myredstrat Strat-O-Master

lots of interesting answers here, but I was thinking a better question might have been what type of ts pedal, and what style of music do you mostly play.
    as an example, I am more blues or blues rock based, my choice would be very different from someone playing 80's hair metal, or surf or whatever. just a thought, I don't have too many of those

5. Believer7713

Believer7713 The Pink Bunny Frankenstein Strat-Talk Supporter

I have a pedal that I made from two different pedals. One is a TS type, called a L'il Eagle, with a slightly different tone stack that humps the lower side of the hump a bit more. The second is a clean boost called a Big Daddy Amp Blaster. Both are from a small builder cslled SB Nichols. I housed them both into one enclisure then added a directional switch that will change the irder from boosting the drive or driving the boost.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    CigBurn likes this.
  6. Murphcaster

Murphcaster Strat-O-Master

EQD Palisades. It's the TS style pedal for people who don't like TS style pedals ;)

7. Uncle Fiesta

Uncle Fiesta Senior Stratmaster

I have a Boss SD-2 Dual Overdrive I bought nearly 20 years ago, and still love it.

8. Stormy Monday

Stormy Monday Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

I have a TS9 and an EHX East River Drive for when I want to have that style sound

9. David Garner

David Garner Senior Stratmaster

Fulldrive 2. For a LONG time.

10. Soul31

Soul31 Strat-Talker

Got an OCD a few months ago, just before the shutdown. Haven't really dug into it a bunch, but right now I prefer it to my TS which is now off my pedal board.

11. David Garner

David Garner Senior Stratmaster

I wouldn't consider the OCD a TS type though. To me that's just a preference for more transparent overdrives.

Great pedal in its own right, though.

12. mutato

mutato Senior Stratmaster

I use a Digitech Hardwire CM-2. It's basically the same thing but with control over the bass and treble. Plus an extra boost/drive switch. Super durable. I owned an original 1983 TS9 and this feels the same but with more stuff. I sold my TS9 for $$$ and used it for other pedals! LOL DigiTech_CM-2_Top_original.jpg More features and used (they don't make them anymore I believe) for around $40-60?

tinkertoy, LucasT and guitarface like this.
  13. guitarface

guitarface Most Honored Senior Member

that whole hardwire series was pretty good but they stoooed making them.

LucasT likes this.