Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups ad space available Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

tuners on a Wayne's World (I) Squier Strat

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by eidling, Mar 20, 2017 at 12:38 PM.

1. eidling

eidling New Member!

Jan 30, 2013
    long island
    I am going to look at a MIJ Wayne's World Squier Strat today and have been reading up on them. I have every reason to believe it is genuine, between the headstock ("made in Japan, "correct M serial number), neck plate (I know some people buy the Wayne's World plate, but that is unlikely), 3-ply pickguard, etc., but the one thing I am questioning are the tuners. I read a post that they have Gotoh tuners that say "Made in Japan,", but these are the ones on the guitar I am interested in.
    [​IMG]

The product description I have found online says it should have "vintage style" machine heads, but when I look up "vintage style" machine heads or tuners, I don't see ones like these. I generally see the kind that have square casings/covers, like this:[​IMG]
    I saw one posting about a Wayne's World Squier Strat that had tuners somewhat like these that someone thought were made in Korea, when I searched for Korean Squier Strat tuners, they look similar, but the casings/covers look different.

Here's a shot of some Korean ones I found:
    [​IMG]

Hoping to get some feedback quickly, as I most likely will be going to see the guitar in a few hours.

Thanks.

2. Rockape

Rockape Most Honored Senior Member

Oct 23, 2008
    UK
    I'm not sure what tuners came with the Waynes World Strat, but if it comes with those trapezoid units, I would change them asap for vintage Gotoh Klusons.
    Only (minor) problem is, it will leave the original holes partially visible.

3. Bodean

Bodean Common man who drives a common van Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    Those look original. The WWII had vintage style.

AncientAx likes this.
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. AncientAx

AncientAx Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    Maryland
    Yes,mine had those. I swapped them out for these ,off a Squier Classic Vibe . image.jpg

Rockape and Bodean like this.
  6. ChukkerNation

ChukkerNation Strat-O-Master

Apr 9, 2015
    Magrathea
    Those are the correct tuners for an MIJ WW. Not sure who would have said that Gotohs would be the original tuners as that is not correct.

7. eidling

eidling New Member!

Jan 30, 2013
    long island
    Thanks to everyone who replied. I checked out the guitar. It was in great shape and very well made, but I ended up passing on it.

8. hamfisted

hamfisted Strat-Talker

Sep 19, 2014
    Texas
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did they want for it? I have one and I'm just curious. Thx

9. eidling

eidling New Member!

Jan 30, 2013
    long island
    $150, which is a great price for one in that condition.