Turns out he was just giving his friend a ride. F**k!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AV59

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Big difference between “doing their jobs” and firing recklessly/preemptively, especially without legitimate provocation.
Let’s stay on point for once. Talk about that kinda a stuff somewhere else, it’s never been welcome here.

This thread is about Scott losing a close friend to a horrible act of violence.

I am sorry for your loss Scott. Your friend was 100% innocent and helping someone out. It’s just terrible.

My condolences to you as well as the rest of his friends and family.

Scott Baxendale

Most Honored Senior Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 20, 2020
Sante Fe, NM
I guarantee you that guy's rap sheet is a mile long. Just my opinion, but if we have DA's who in their infinite wisdom allow the violent back out on the streets to commit more acts of violence over and over and over again; then you certainly can't blame law enforcement as they aren't the ones unlocking the cell doors.
I have a rap sheet, so I don’t really get your point? That’s exactly what my racist mother said about Lewis, just because he is black.

Last edited by a moderator:

bluejazzoid

Strats Amore
Silver Member
Aug 14, 2009
Southeast USA
Man, that knowledge ---your friend Quinn being there just because he was helping someone out, and then be gunned down for just being there--- makes it even harder. Just so f-ing senseless.

Another side to these kinds of stories: a young police officer friend of ours, a 23 yo rookie named Jacob Hancher, was first to respond to a domestic violence call back in Oct. 2020 in Myrtle Beach. He was gunned down by the low-life at the residence as soon as he arrived on scene. SOURCE

I mention this only because Officer Hancher's death was just as senseless as your friend Quinn's. In both situations--- in every domestic violence situation--- the real person to blame is always, first and foremost, the abusive A-hole creating the situation. I believe most if not all LEOs dread responding to domestic violence calls simply because they are ALWAYS unpredictable and ALWAYS dangerous.

Again, condolences to you and your friend Quinn's family and loved ones.

Last edited:

muttonbuster

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 14, 2020
República de Cantaloupia
I have a rap sheet, so I don’t really get your point? That’s exactly what my racist mother said about Lewis, just because he is black.

That’s not the issue. It’s domestic violence and the proliferation of guns with alcohol involved.
My point is it seems pretty clear from the article, that Cruz had been violent with her before, and I would bet has even been before a judge for it, maybe even convicted of it. And I would also hazard to bet, he's been violent with other people. You don't just graduate to murder. So my question is, why is Cruz even on the street? There are clearly violent people, like Cruz, who have no place in society, and should be never be let out, lest tragedy like that happen.

Last edited:

Scott Baxendale

Gold Supporting Member
May 20, 2020
Sante Fe, NM
My point is it seems pretty clear from the article, that Cruz had been violent with her before, and I would bet has even been before a judge for it, maybe even convicted of it. And I would also hazard to bet, he's been violent with other people. You don't just graduate to murder. So my question is, why is Cruz even on the street? There are clearly violent people, like Cruz, who have no place in society, and should be never be let out, lest tragedy like that happen.
My point was that the perp had the police called on him for domestic violence earlier that day and the cops did NOTHING to protect the abused woman and as a result my innocent friend is dead. This is the same PD that murdered a innocent kid with a ketamine overdose last year.

dirocyn

Jan 20, 2018
Murfreesboro, TN
The cops job is to show up after the fact, and write things in their notebook. That's real useful in a fender-bender situation where you need the police report so your insurance will pay.

In some circumstances they decide there's enough evidence to take someone to jail. And sometimes the situation is not so clear-cut. The cop doesn't know who's lying, who's telling the truth--but he does know that he has to have evidence that's "beyond a reasonable doubt" to keep someone in jail. In a situation like this it's real tempting to play arm-chair quarterback, to second-guess what the cops coulda woulda shoulda done. I'd do the same, if it was my friend who lost his life when they failed to act. They're humans, they make mistakes. Looks to me as though they made a mistake this time. It wouldn't be the first time, and it won't be the last.

My deepest condolences, Scott. I wish this hadn't turned out this way.

muttonbuster

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 14, 2020
República de Cantaloupia
My point was that the perp had the police called on him for domestic violence earlier that day and the cops did NOTHING to protect the abused woman and as a result my innocent friend is dead. This is the same PD that murdered a innocent kid with a ketamine overdose last year.
OK, I see your point there. One thing I noticed was that the response was a misdemeanor warrant. That's something established by the DA. In a harder nosed jurisdiction, that would be a felony warrant, and you'd have multiple officers with the urgency being "we need to scoop this guy up ASAP". And as to what I was saying before, it's all the same these days. Get 10 years for armed robbery, out in three. Five for assault and battery, out in one. Dollars to donuts, for something Cruz was convicted for prior, he could still be serving years, but no, he was out early.

When you add cashless bail lunacy on top of that, it's just not safe in some places. Seems to be a look to China kind of thing, because oh boy do they have violent crime nailed. Age of culpability is twelve, and average labor camp sentence is ten years of building electronics 10 hours a day, 7 days a week. Now that is a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts