two thirds of the way through and i'm looking forward to the end

simoncroft

Still playing. Still learning!
Silver Member
May 30, 2013
SE England
Due to how the cards fell, Lisa is in the chemo ward (she has other problems), 12th floor. I've been visiting her every day. And counting my blessing every day. (Still looking for placement.)

I send secular prayers to you both, every day. You really are going through the toughest of times.

Bowmap

X
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 23, 2017
X
2/3rds, a third to go, then it will be a sixth and then next to nothing and then whew! I have a new found respect for you. For your courage, grace and humor.

CigBurn

Total Hack
Jun 22, 2014
Same Shed Different Day
Good to hear you're getting on, despite the challenges. Hard to imagine how not so long ago many things like this were nearly untreatable, these magical times in certain ways.

On a side note. couple people I know that have been through chemo said it really messed with their sense of taste for a while. How are you doing with stuff like that?

Stratoman10

Dr. Stratster
Silver Member
Aug 24, 2015
Va. Beach, Va
I had to go through six months of Ribiviran and Interferon. In the summer here in SE VA. And doing commercial masonry. Not as heavy as what you're doing but as close as I ever want to get

My feeling, even on my worst days was this. I was alive yesterday. I'm still alive today. As far as I know I'll be alive tomorrow so let's keep going. As long as I could say that every day it helped me focus on the end day.

And thats going to be the happiest day of your life my friend

Jesse414

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 1, 2019
Wisconsin
Two thirds is so close to 3 quarters. And once you eat like 3 fourths of a candy bar there is really only like 2 small bites and the candy bar is gone. Prayers and blessings headed out to you and to Circle's girlfriend Lisa. I hope you both are healed up as fast as possible. :)

publius

Strat-Talker
Jul 21, 2020
in absentia
chemo and radiation... i'm 2/3rds through it...

boy will i be glad when this part of the process is complete.

some side effects were not discussed... like the difficulty in getting fingers and mind connected on the worst days which really interferes with playing... i sure am hoping that resolves once the treatments are finished.

the nausea is definitely getting old. but i do appreciate the anti-nausea meds.

all in all, i've been through worse, but not by choice LOL

i have so much neglected work piling up that the future is getting more and more daunting, but once this is over at least i'll be able to do something about it...

That's called Chemo-Head. Hard to concentrate and stay focused for any length of time. If your hematologist/oncologists answer concerning that side effect is anything like mine the answer to will this ever go away is something along the lines of :
At this point the issue may or may not resolve itself to some degree over an undefined amount of time.
And then they hand you the appointments for the next labs and chemo and advise you not to burn up those blood cells...you are gonna need 'em.

12 years fighting it here. Still around.

P.S. my experience is a bit of the ganja beats the hell out of the nausea meds they Rx. Why you ask? In my case lifting of spirits particularly as you get into the later treatments of the routine, and an appetite. The nausea meds did not give me an appetite. So what did they end up Rx'ing for appetite ? Marinol. Go figure.

Good luck and kill those cancer friggin cells. They suck.

ukoldgit

Dr. Stratster
Feb 20, 2018
Wiltshire UK
Will you get a certificate when your done?:D:)
27017x1.jpg

AV59

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 3, 2015
New York
You’re a good man Monte and it sounds like you are handling this great considering what it entails.

Stay strong :thumb:

Guitarmageddon

Dr. Stratster
Apr 19, 2014
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
chemo and radiation... i'm 2/3rds through it...

boy will i be glad when this part of the process is complete.

some side effects were not discussed... like the difficulty in getting fingers and mind connected on the worst days which really interferes with playing... i sure am hoping that resolves once the treatments are finished.

the nausea is definitely getting old. but i do appreciate the anti-nausea meds.

all in all, i've been through worse, but not by choice LOL

i have so much neglected work piling up that the future is getting more and more daunting, but once this is over at least i'll be able to do something about it...

Hey Monte! I'm going to get my first radiation dose TODAY, it's spread a bit to my 11th rib on the left. Ondasetron works well for me when I have bad nausea but makes it hard to sleep or feel relaxed, at least for me. I use THC oil and smoking marijuana flower, it's legal here and my doc is ok with it.....if you're not into that I apologize, just a suggestion - it works for me big time. I hope you're feeling okay buddy

monte merrick

Most Honored Senior Member
thank you everyone for such wonderful support. it's kind of amazing how much it helps.

to them who advise not to worry about work, that I cannot do. i built this thing with practically my bare hands - i dont have a real separation between it and myself. nor am I looking for separation. a whole lot is riding on it weathering this storm as much as I have to... no me no work, no work no me. that's just how some work is.

Last edited: