Unindentified acoustic

Discussion in 'Acoustic Soundboard' started by SevGrey, Jun 12, 2019.

1. SevGrey

SevGrey Strat-Talk Member

Has anybody ever seen any of these. It supposed to be some old generic acoustic but I’ve never seen that stamp.
    Tuners and bridge are not original.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Green Craig

Green Craig Senior Stratmaster

The headstock and neck reminds me a lot of 50's and 60's Stella/Kay/Harmony acoustics, usually marked with "STEEL REINFORCED NECK"...that is to say, a nonadjustable truss rod. How's the action and string height? These types of guitars can usually make some cool, chunky tones.

SevGrey likes this.
  3. SevGrey

SevGrey Strat-Talk Member

Well, first of all thanks for commenting. Action is high, but playable high, and the neck is fairly straight. Soundwise, it’s a parlor size guitar so it sounds a bit thin but it doesn’t sound bad. I played a few older cheap kay’s and this one has a fuller sound. It definitely has its own thing that I can work with, but I can’t praise it that it’s on a level with an old martin/gibson.
    Besides the made in usa, doesn’t say anything, so even if it has a non adjustable truss rod, there’s no need to adjust it.
    I hope it’s something from the 50’s, not for value because I’m pretty sure there isn’t much, but just for the cool factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Craig likes this.