Used market shifting?

Cerb

Anti conformist reformist
Jan 22, 2016
Sweden
There is probably a bit of a difference depending on where in the world you strapped up you mail box, but have you noticed shift in the used market? Over here I haven't noticed a price drop yet, but things don't seem to be moving as fast as they did 6 months ago. Prices will probably start to creep down soon, or not, depending on the market for new stuff...

racerx819

Strat-Talker
Jul 3, 2020
<><>LHP<><>
Recently I put maybe 10-12 good name brand pedals, a tone king amp, a modded PRS Hollowbody and. CS strat up for sale. Just 2-3 weeks ago. Used TGP and Reverb. I priced them all fairly and consulted the history report on Reverb to set the prices.

The CS strat sold for what I paid two years ago. The amp the same. The pedals were close. Took a bath on the PRS to no surprise.

I purchase all my gear used and in excellent condition.

It took a week to move all of it.

I don’t notice a shift. I do see a good bit of overpriced gear though. But that’s a thing these days.

I will say that was talking to the folks at Wildwood and they said they had gotten a huge shipment. Like 4000 guitars. Supply and demand. Supply up… prices down. Prices are gonna drop with inventory catching up to pre pandemic levels and a s*** economy.

Last edited:

3bolt79

Dr. Stratster
Oct 16, 2018
Oregon
I’ve been getting some Ibanez Roadstar II guitars lately, and for the most part they seem to be going for less than even 6 months ago. One was super cheap that I got, but it did require some work.

If prices drop on some of the ones I’m interested in, I will jump on them.