Join Strat-Talk Today

Used Peavey Bandit 112 ???

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by cc407, Jun 25, 2019.

1. cc407

cc407 Strat-Talk Member

Looking for a solid state amp to use when my group adds a drummer (occasionally) or as a backup for my Pro Junior.
    I want loud enough to pair with drums, and mostly clean sounds.
    I tried a used Bandit (marked 100 watts but I think that means through an external 4 ohm speaker)
    This is the version with push buttons to go from clean to gain. I like the clean sound. Didn't know at the time to look for blue/red/silver stripe so not sure which it is till I go see it again later today.

Before I make the deal ($245), I am looking for any thoughts. Also considered a new Champion 50XL or a Katana 50, and will try them before making a choice.

2. AncientAx

AncientAx Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

I have a blue stripe I bought used for 75.00 245.00 seems a bit steep to me .

cc407 likes this.
  3. rudos1

rudos1 Senior Stratmaster

Good amp bad price...

JustABluesGuy, sgarnett and cc407 like this.
  4. JamesE

JamesE Strat-Talker

I've got two, both much cheaper than $245. Current model has solid state reverb - I prefer the red stripe 112 with the spring. I'd accept €149 for the current one. If you're on a Beatles tour, you could pick it up in Hamburg!

cc407 likes this.
  5. Morf2540

Morf2540 Strat-O-Master

I have a Bandit 112 that I am getting ready to sell. It is in perfect condition, and has the scorpion speaker, and also a footswitch. $200 shipped to you. Let me know if you're interested. This is not a picture of my actual amp - I can take one and send it - but mine is identical to this.

peavey-bandit-112-scorpion-speaker-103305.jpg

cc407 likes this.
  6. cc407

cc407 Strat-Talk Member

Thanks for the responses. Today I tried a Katana 50 and 100. Oddly there did not seem to be a lot of volume difference. Very nice sounds though I heard a kind of digital signature even with effects off. The effects were good but I don't use effects much. I judge either would be fine with a drummer.
    I then tried the Champion 50XL and I LOVED the sound. Very Fendery (no surprise).
    None of these seemed quite as loud as the used Bandit, but any of them seem adequate for volume with a drummer.
    Bottom line: Katana= nice; Bandit = OK; Fender = love.
    So the Champion came home with me.

rudos1 likes this.
  7. JamesE

JamesE Strat-Talker

I hope you enjoy it! (I didn't really expect you to buy mine.)

BTW, I started off with a VOX modelling amp, but after a few weeks I found the sound "fake" to my ears. Hence the move to the Bandit. Maybe Fender can do it better - and the price is definitely better.

Enjoyed the music - love the name!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.