Vaccine - possible side effect

omahaaudio

Senior Stratmaster
Apr 21, 2014
France
As expected, a few days later the symptoms started for both of us - runny nose, congestion, scratchy throat, feeling ran over and crappy - three days before we go on vacation. We were both a little pissed off over the bad timing and discussed cancelling the vacation. Next day the cold was full blown, but surprisingly by the end of the day the symptoms were easing. On the third day we both woke up and the symptoms were completely gone.

Not trying to draw any conclusions here, but we all know common colds last at least a full week, sometimes two weeks before all the symptoms are gone. Knowing the common cold is caused by a type of coronavirus, I looked it up and found a couple articles/mentions relating to the vax possibly providing some protection.

Vaccinated against Covid-19 AND a shorter-than-usual cold. Sounds okay to me.

You should really have a talk with the grandkid's parents and tell them that if they ever show up with the kids as sick as that again you're not going to open the door.

Also, when I get a cold it rarely lasts more than a few days, never a full week or two.

Mouse

The Knees of Rock
Apr 25, 2012
New Jersey
I had the J&J vaccine about 2 months ago. No negative side effects. I haven't had a cold since the lockdown and sometime before. Last week or so I felt a bit of a scratch in my throat and thought, "OK, here it comes" but the next day nothing. I can't say if that was the result of the vaccine or not because that isn't uncommon with me.

heltershelton

Vivamus libero Vivamus duris
Jun 5, 2013
Texas
I had the J&J vaccine about 2 months ago. No negative side effects. I haven't had a cold since the lockdown and sometime before. Last week or so I felt a bit of a scratch in my throat and thought, "OK, here it comes" but the next day nothing. I can't say if that was the result of the vaccine or not because that isn't uncommon with me.
well, it is allergy season.
i dont get sick.....at least i dont think i do.
ive had so much practice feeling like absolute crap from my decadent ways that i just dont know.

soulman969

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 5, 2016
Fort Collins, CO
I've had both shots, no colds, no flu, no COVID (been there once before) and it's not without reason to believe COVID antibodies might help stave off or shorten cold symptoms. It is possible.

nigelr

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 28, 2014
Switzerland
Alright, I'll respond to the OP about an experience I had eating a great sandwich the other day, since I guess we can ignore everything that came before the last 4 words.

I'm sure the OP can clarify, but my take is he wants positive and negative reactions to a cold after having the vaccine. If he only wants positive ones then what's the point?

tanta07

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 28, 2019
Colorado
I'm sure the OP can clarify, but my take is he wants positive and negative reactions to a cold after having the vaccine. If he only wants positive ones then what's the point?

PM me for details of my sandwich. It was a GREAT sandwich.

thomquietwolf

Dr. Stratster
Gold Supporting Member
Silver Member
Dec 2, 2010
Peardale CA
We'll find out....
Mrs. Is flying back east In a few days...
First to Warrenton VA
Then driving up to Detroit area
Then back to VA
Then home

She'll be visiting
The grand kids colleges(William & Mary)(Virginia Tech)
In Michigan her family are
Not anti vaxxers, they just don't do it(some leaded water thing)
Shows how far a college degree will go in the real world...

When I had children at home
I was always sick(colds, Flu)
Like I said
We'll see.....

Latest posts