Variants in US Standard Strats post CBS

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by balston11, May 31, 2021.

1. balston11

balston11 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

I did some pages on the Telecaster equivalents and had some help from @John C He asked if I was going to do some similar work on Strats so I have started. See
    https://www.alston-family.co.uk/US Standard Strat Var/USstratvar.php
    I may have missed some models or some information you may have things to add or comments to make.
    Please let me know.
    There will be a separate page in due course on the equivalent Strats with Humbuckers I probably should mention the Hardtails somewhere and I will get to that.

Gedster and fos1 like this.
  2. balston11

All perfect then? Good to know.

Baelzebub likes this.
  3. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Most Honored Senior Member

I'll look it over sometime today, but don't expect I could add anything.

4. Baelzebub

Nicely done.

I see you've mentioned the Roadhouse (later the American Strat Texas Special), but I'm curious why those and not the others in the hot-rodded series, Big Apple (later the American Double Fat Strat) and Lone Star (later the American Fat Strat Texas Special)?

They both ran the same 3 years as the Roadhouse (American...NOT the Mexican one) and the second incarnations of all three models were produced for the 3 years following their replacement.

The only other item I saw was the Diamond Anniv. headstock banner. My understanding was that it was a cubic zirconium, not a rhinestone.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  5. balston11

Hi
    The other hot rodded will be included when I come to do the Humbuckered models I have just done SSS at the moment.
    Yes I see Antonio has it as Zirconium and it may be right but the Rhinestone bit does come from Fenders own publicity I came across. They could be the same thing or very similar for all I know.

6. Baelzebub

Yeah..I have one but I couldn't tell you the difference. Always thought rhinestones were rose tinted and this is def. not. And unless the cost differential is significant, I think zirconium is the standard "fake" diamond.

More than one women gushing over a her "diamond" wedding ring that doesn't know it's fake, I'd surmise. :sneaky:

7. balston11

Probably should put a note about this on the site

8. balston11

A bit of Google tells me that the 2 things are both used to simulate diamonds but are made differently.

9. crawdaddy

crawdaddy Most Honored Senior Member

Just a couple of items....the 1996 50th annv also came left handed with 250 built....

CIMG8037.JPG

And the 2004 50th annv strat came with CS 54 pickups....that were only available in this model and did not have beveled edges....

The AmSeries 50th did not come with locking tuners, the 50th Annv AmDeluxe did....

The P/G on the AmSeries is a single ply 11 hole piece.....

They only came with maple necks....

CIMG8947.JPG

10. balston11

Much appreciated haven't really commented much on LH models but as you have kindly provided the information I have put it in along with the picture you provided
    Not sure what happened with the 2004 50th the pickups etc are in my notes but not posted on the site.
    All now corrected many thanks.

crawdaddy likes this.