Vintera 50s pickups

california2020

Strat-Talker
Jun 29, 2020
Italy
Hi, I am considering of buying a Vintera 50s pickup set for an upgrade to a Squier Stratocaster. What is the general consensus on these? Any opinion on the vintera pickups? I am looking for a classic vintage style sound.

Anyone has compared them with newer Classic Vibe pickups?

Thank you!

Tsjackson

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 15, 2016
UK
I’ve not compared them, never played a vintera but the classic vibe strat pickups really are very good.

Maybe consider upgrade cheap wiring harness before the pickups and mess around with heights etc?

In my opinion swapping pickups without upgrading wiring in a guitar like that is a bit of a waste of effort so you could swap the wiring for something good quality and see what the stock pickups sound like, set the pickup heights optimally etc and then if you still don’t like them you’re Already got the wiring to compliment your new pickups.

but I thought the classic vibe strat pickups sounded great

Guitarmageddon

Dr. Stratster
Apr 19, 2014
Canada
Hi, I am considering of buying a Vintera 50s pickup set for an upgrade to a Squier Stratocaster. What is the general consensus on these? Any opinion on the vintera pickups? I am looking for a classic vintage style sound.

Anyone has compared them with newer Classic Vibe pickups?

Thank you!

What Squier Strat? If you have a Classic Vibe, the vintera pickups are certainly no upgrade, it's a lateral move and waste of money.....

california2020

Strat-Talker
Jun 29, 2020
Italy
What Squier Strat? If you have a Classic Vibe, the vintera pickups are certainly no upgrade, it's a lateral move and waste of money.....
sorry, my message was not so clear! It's a Bullet Strat, I am considering between Vintera set or CV 60s set.
you could swap the wiring for something good quality and see what the stock pickups sound like
Any suggestion for a suitable wiring upgrade?

Guitarmageddon

Dr. Stratster
Apr 19, 2014
Canada
sorry, my message was not so clear! It's a Bullet Strat, I am considering between Vintera set or CV 60s set.
Any suggestion for a suitable wiring upgrade?

Is it a new Bullet from 2019 or later....or older?

If it's 2019 or later, the wiring is good and fine, I would just change pickups

How much are the CV60s pickups, how much are the vintera? The CV pickups should be like half the price of the Fender....

california2020

Strat-Talker
Jun 29, 2020
Italy
Is it a new Bullet from 2019 or later....or older?

If it's 2019 or later, the wiring is good and fine, I would just change pickups

How much are the CV60s pickups, how much are the vintera? The CV pickups should be like half the price of the Fender....
It's a 2008 Bullet, so older..
I found a complete prewired CV 60s pickguard with pickups and electronics for 50€ (the seller says it was never played), while a new set of Vintera pickups (not the whole pickguard) is sold new from a local store at 69€.

Guitarmageddon

Dr. Stratster
Apr 19, 2014
Canada
It's a 2008 Bullet, so older..
I found a complete prewired CV 60s pickguard with pickups and electronics for 50€ (the seller says it was never played), while a new set of Vintera pickups (not the whole pickguard) is sold new from a local store at 69€.

What year is this CV60s stuff pulled from? 2017 or earlier? or 2018 or later? They have different pickups now, not as good.....I'm curious.....fiber bobbins with STA marked on the bottom? Or plastic?

Guitarmageddon

Dr. Stratster
Apr 19, 2014
Canada
I am not sure about the exact year, but they are quite new:
View attachment 511237 View attachment 511238

They're the newer pickups - I would hard pass on these - they are the same cheap alnico V pickups that were in the Squier Standard - good pickups, but not worth the asking price of this loaded pickguard at all.....the old CV pickups were better

I would only get this loaded pickguard if it was 30 euro or less, not 50

The pots are inferior to old Classic Vibe too

california2020

Strat-Talker
Jun 29, 2020
Italy
They're the newer pickups - I would hard pass on these - they are the same cheap alnico V pickups that were in the Squier Standard - good pickups, but not worth the asking price of this loaded pickguard at all.....the old CV pickups were better

I would only get this loaded pickguard if it was 30 euro or less, not 50

The pots are inferior to old Classic Vibe too
Thanks for your advice!
When you speak about the old CV pickups you mean the Toneriders?

AntStrat

Dr. Stratster
May 6, 2019
US
Buying a new guitar and wondering what it will sound like.

If you can't try one in person and are online buying then I'd be curious.

But all the opinions means nada because only your ears can answer that question.

This is where I finally learned to not have any preconceived ideas planted in my head, I just waited until delivery and found out for myself.

This is, of course, just my opinion and you will not be billed for it.