1. Enter to Win one of two Strats we are giving away! An American Pro II Strat HSS and a Squier Classic Vibe Strat. To see the prizes and rules: https://www.strat-talk.com/pages/2020_Fundraiser_giveaway/ To enter: https://www.strat-talk.com/account/upgrades To enter, simply upgrade to silver (1 entry), gold (2 entries), platinum (5 entries), or double platinum supporting membership (10 entries). November 5th is the last day to enter!

Vintera Road Worn - Many Issues

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Fendrix, Oct 18, 2020 at 12:27 PM.

1. Fendrix

Fendrix Strat-Talker

Hi All,

Yesterday I received a Vintera Road Worn Strat in Lake Placid Blue.

It sounds amazing, its super light and resonant but it is unplayable :(.

Out of the box setup:

action: 3.5mm (9/64) low E, 3,3mm (8/64) high E
    relief: 0.25 inches

this is my first time setting up a vintage style strat to I'm not used to the feel while tightening this truss rod.

I tightened the truss a few times in the last 48 hours and it maxed out at 0.18" relief

I feel like I would have to put excess force to keep tightening the truss rod and it would need a big adjustment.

my current setup:

Low E 2.7mm (7/64 ) high E 2.7mm (7/64 )

0.18" relief

AND IT BUZZES ALL OVER THE FRETBOARD, this is mild buzzing like the typical buzz you get with ultra low action but I'm sure it would get nasty with a playable action.

Fret work:

this has one of the worst frets works I have ever seen. My classic vibe feels like a custom shop in comparison.

Frets are sharp, there is also fret sprout from the fret tangs that feel horrible in the hand.

I'm really unimpressed and confused with the lack of attention to detail with this guitar and I would love to keep it if it I could make it playable but I'm scarred to keep tightening the road and it may also need a shim at the bottom of the neck pocket which is a bummer.

Neck plate was overtightened and bent

Pickguard is warped as a bit of solder got trapped under it at some point and it was tightly screwed.

As much as I love the tone of the guitar I'm gonna have to return it...

I hope you guys had more luck than me with the road worn quality control

2. Engine Swap

Engine Swap Strat-Talker

There's more fish in the sea.

3. SpeedKing

SpeedKing Senior Stratmaster

Sorry to hear of your woes. I take it you looked at saddle height and everything else before you tightened the truss? What was the relief beforehand?

Anyway... does it look pretty?

And dare I ask how much you paid for a new one of Fender's finest 'old' ones in good old Blighty in this day and age? Is it going back?

4. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon

From what I and other people including your good self have seen with the QC on Vinteras, I'd stick to Classic Vibes too.