Watched an interesting documentary last night on Woodstock 99

AntStrat

Dr. Stratster
May 6, 2019
US
Music Box: Woodstock 99: Peace, Love, and Rage

It's on HBO and maybe Netflix.

It made Altamont look like a love fest.

Interesting perspectives from some artists that played there and attendees.

I like music history and how they interact with the culture at the time.

It's not always pretty.

mohnjossey

Strat-Talker
May 5, 2020
Rochester, NY
I saw the same documentary and it is an eye opener. Limp Bizkit/Wes Borland was probably my first "guitar hero". I remember trying to play Breakstuff and not understanding why my Epiphone didn't make the same noise when I detuned it and put on the "heavy" effect via my Digitech RP300. Def worth a watch!

Baelzebub

Dr. Stratster
Nov 1, 2019
State of Disbelief
Music Box: Woodstock 99: Peace, Love, and Rage

It's on HBO and maybe Netflix.

It made Altamont look like a love fest.

Interesting perspectives from some artists that played there and attendees.

I like music history and how they interact with the culture at the time.

It's not always pretty.

You mean Corporatestock 99? No surprise that turned into a sh!tshow. Had nothing in common with Woodstock. Just more merchandizing of the counterculture.

Mouse

The Knees of Rock
Apr 25, 2012
New Jersey
I watched that one a couple of weeks ago. Yeah...that was a complete **** show! Then again, every Woodstock festival seemed to be a disaster on some level. This one went into the stratosphere.

Ebidis

Providing the world with flat bends since 1985
Nov 14, 2013
Alabama
The only thing I know about Woodstock '99 is that I've seen footage of the audience covered in mud while RHCP was completely nude on stage. :confused:

Mouse

The Knees of Rock
Apr 25, 2012
New Jersey
That was actually Woodstock '94. I was at that festival - front and center for that RHCP set, in fact - and it was awesome!

While '94 was dubbed "Mudstock" because of all the rain, in '99 there were a large population of the crowd also covered in "mud". I typed that in quotes because it seems the "mud" wasn't mud at all but the overflow from the porta-potties so yeah...there was that at Woodstock '99. :confused:

(and Flea unfortunately did play naked as well :()

AntStrat

Dr. Stratster
May 6, 2019
US
The only thing I know about Woodstock '99 is that I've seen footage of the audience covered in mud while RHCP was completely nude on stage. :confused:

More than mud, the porta potties were overflowing and the mud was mixed with raw sewage.

Ebidis

Providing the world with flat bends since 1985
Nov 14, 2013
Alabama
More than mud, the porta potties were overflowing and the mud was mixed with raw sewage.
Now there's a fun time.

iu