We are playing again next month, flyer kicks ass.

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
Sachse TX behind the cemetary
What the heck. You all got bumped? Is the venue paying you back for the promo costs?
A whole show got bumped for another whole show. This venue has changed hands and only recently re-opened, talked to our guy that books shows and it appears in addition to the double booked date, the venue is now asking for some costly additions on the part of the booking people.

With respect to promo costs, probably they are near nothing other than some time and effort. The punk community in North Texas is pretty tight and all that has to be done to get some turnout is get some bands and post some event stuff of FB.

The bigger picture is that we live in an area that is very large and it usually requires a lot of of effort and drive time on on the part of the BANDS to be able to be out and performing.

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
Sachse TX behind the cemetary
A least at killer's you can keep working out the show bugs and materials to stay fresh.
Yeah, it's a bit of a drive but it's like going to a big party with all your friends. But, starting to question what we would be preparing FOR. We have to decide how hard we want to work on this project. The long drives really make it a grind and a lot of the places that are really hopping are going to be a terrible drive, not just the fact that it's 50 miles but that it's 50 miles in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Boognish

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 31, 2011
Austin
Go for it, that's one way to win the audience.... lol

Be careful, though. Many years ago, some friends of mine went to see a velvet revolver show in austin. During one of the leads, Slash did his usual one leg up on the monitor, les paul ripping poses, and his pants ripped and one of his balls popped out. Dude, kept playing til the end of the song. Crazy bastard.
I was at that show and was standing right there when it happened!!!!! Everyone kind of looked around at each other and laughed. Austin Music Hall. Miss that place.

Edit: who was on the bill that night? System of a down?

J-Mart

Senior Stratmaster
Jul 17, 2020
Tx
I was at that show and was standing right there when it happened!!!!! Everyone kind of looked around at each other and laughed. Austin Music Hall. Miss that place.

Edit: who was on the bill that night? System of a down?
Finally someone who can corroborate this mystical occurance.

I believe so, definitely around that era.