We cool..

T-Rey

Strat-O-Master
Sep 17, 2020
Georgia
My AC has been running around 5-8 degrees above what I had it set at and has been running constantly day and night. I cleaned my condenser coils and that seems to have remedied it. To do this, first kill the power to the unit by flipping the breaker. Then on the outside unit you take the screws out that keep top on and flip the top with fan and motor still attached up and out of the way. It'll make sense when you look at it. Clean all debris and dirt from inside floor of unit. Then spray the coils with coil cleaner (which you can get at any home improvement store) from the inside of the unit and let it sit for a few minutes. Then spray the coils, again from the inside of the unit, with a water hose with a spray nozzle for several minutes. You'll want to really spray thoroughly. Flip the top with fan and motor back over into the unit and replace screws and turn breaker back on. I did this yesterday around 8 pm and by this morning the system was cooling to the temp that our thermostat was set at. Hope this helps someone if your AC isn't cooling properly.

ukoldgit

Dr. Stratster
Feb 20, 2018
Wiltshire UK
My AC has been running around 5-8 degrees above what I had it set at and has been running constantly day and night. I cleaned my condenser coils and that seems to have remedied it. To do this, first kill the power to the unit by flipping the breaker. Then on the outside unit you take the screws out that keep top on and flip the top with fan and motor still attached up and out of the way. It'll make sense when you look at it. Clean all debris and dirt from inside floor of unit. Then spray the coils with coil cleaner (which you can get at any home improvement store) from the inside of the unit and let it sit for a few minutes. Then spray the coils, again from the inside of the unit, with a water hose with a spray nozzle for several minutes. You'll want to really spray thoroughly. Flip the top with fan and motor back over into the unit and replace screws and turn breaker back on. I did this yesterday around 8 pm and by this morning the system was cooling to the temp that our thermostat was set at. Hope this helps someone if your AC isn't cooling properly.

Good advice T-Rey, additionally clean the evaporator coils inside the house and make sure all the condense drains are clear and not clogged and any fan supply filters are clean.
Just basic stuff but makes a hell of a difference on the performance of installed AC gear and can be carried out by anyone that has minor practical skills.