We lost a valuable member - Au revoir Ryan !

macoshark

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 30, 2016
arizona
\m/ ☹️ \m/

He was a good dude, I wish I knew him personally. He helped me identify several Japanese Fenders my older brother bought a few years ago. His knowledge is legend. Death is a painful experience for the living, hug your loved ones and let them know you love them, its never too late.

RIP brother.
Exactly. ^^^^
All of Ryans' info on Squiers is floating around and scattered here. Like other members that really confirm certain aspects of the Fender Stratocaster and its history I wish there was a simple way to access that info in one place here.

bluejazzoid

Strats Amore
Silver Member
Aug 14, 2009
Southeast USA
Exactly. ^^^^
All of Ryans' info on Squiers is floating around and scattered here. Like other members that really confirm certain aspects of the Fender Stratocaster and its history I wish there was a simple way to access that info in one place here.
It's truly mind-boggling how much Ryan knew about Strats & Squiers, and how he could instantly comment about specific details just from memory... encyclopedic really.

THIS SEARCH is but a starting point for all of Ryan's 27,512 posts.

1669654123798.png

Missing you Ryan!

TepidPilot

Senior Stratmaster
Apr 26, 2019
South Central Texas
I HATE cancer! With a deep seated and passionate hatred.

I'm old, so I've lost quite a few close friends to cancer, which I despise. While I wasn't really a friend of Ryan's I completely trusted and relied on him for top shelf Strat information. I'll miss him.

Rest In Peace, buddy. May flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

Sincerely,
Pete

etr102

Strat-Talker
Mar 7, 2014
Windsor, ON, Canada
Oh man, I feel so sorry for his folks, bad enough losing one of your kids - but two - it's just unimaginable.
Yup. First one was in 2001. I believe Brett was 21 at the time. And of course it was sudden so it was a huge shock to everyone. So yeah, I definitely feel bad for his family, they are all really good people and did all they could to take care of Ryan in his final months.

Sureshot33

Strat-Talker
Mar 16, 2018
MA
Oh man. I haven't been able to do more than pop in maybe once a week due to personal situation but I caught up with the post regarding the gift you all sent to Ryan, message from his Mom, and I am just now seeing this.
Warms my heart to see the love displayed with gifts and now these tributes.
Ryan was so good at what he did (in here), that I started to trust his instincts and info more than any other source. He was always quick with his recognition of strat models/years/etc. It was like watching a human database.
Ryan, you were one of a kind and I hope you are at peace and doing what you love up there.
My sincere condolences to Ryan's Family.
You all are in my prayers.
<3.

Eric_G

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 10, 2021
Quebec
Most people knew Ryan for his guitar knowledge and talent, but I don't think many people knew how much vocal talent he had. He rarely sang but when he did it was always great. From one of his soundcloud accounts:

I was wondering about that when I listened through his soundcloud... there's a few track with vocals on it, I just didn't know if it was him or maybe a friend... Thanks for that !

AntStrat

Dr. Stratster
May 6, 2019
US
Oh man. I haven't been able to do more than pop in maybe once a week due to personal situation but I caught up with the post regarding the gift you all sent to Ryan, message from his Mom, and I am just now seeing this.
Ryan was so good at what he did (in here), that I started to trust his instincts and info more than any other source. He was always quick with his recognition of strat models/years/etc. It was like watching a human database.
Ryan, you were one of a kind and I hope you are at peace and doing what you love up there.
<3.
Where is his mom's message?

drp146

Strat-Stalker
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 8, 2020
Oklahoma
<3.
I'd be surprised if he didn't teach just about all of us something.

monte merrick

Most Honored Senior Member
RIP. All things must pass
the first mystery is that we are here and the second is that we cant stay. Ryan embraced the nature of reality in his last months with a grace i've come to discover is not as rare as the noisy human world would have you believe. Ryan lives. Guitarmageddon lives.

Last edited: