Weirdest movies you’ve seen.

OldPup

New Member!
May 21, 2019
Charlotte
The Tree of Life was weird. It covers the creation of earth, dinosaurs, evolution of life on earth, and the 1950s or something.

muttonbuster

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 14, 2020
República de Cantaloupia
The weirdest movie I have seen is a Japanese flick called "Audition". It is in Japanese with subtitles. Truly disturbing movie.

Here is the trailer.

Ha! I remember trying to sit through the piano wire and pins scene with my girlfriend at the time, and we were having a really rough go of it. What I like most from that era of Japanese cinema is Kiyoshi Kurosawa's Cure. It's a more trippy and cerebral take on Silence of the Lambs, still very Western though. KInd of odd for a Japanese movie.

Last edited:

Slartybartfast

Strat-Talker
Aug 10, 2020
Ca.
Jacob's ladder, Vampire's Kiss. JL clearly the superior film, but you said weird. Another contender, Andy Warhol's Dracula with Udo Keir, a strange but very cool actor.

Wayne Adams

Strat-O-Master
Aug 12, 2011
Kentucky
A few years back, I saw a modern take on "Journey To The Center Of The Earth". The first half was just mediocre, and then right in the middle of the flick, apparently the producers decided, "Screw this, I want to make a different movie." And they did. The second half bore absolutely no relation to the first half, an entirely different movie. I should have been paid for sitting through the thing, even if it was on free TV.

Wayne Adams

Strat-O-Master
Aug 12, 2011
Kentucky
6af197df1c68cd269373cd31d2b783de.jpg

Dig "Heavy Metal"! Big fan of the magazine for years. They give new meaning to the term "Bizarre".