Weirdest movies you’ve seen.

holyjaguar

Strat-Talk Member
Jul 10, 2010
Youngstown,Oh..
Rivers Edge,young Keanu Reeves,River Pheonix,Dennis Hopper;Illustrated Man,Rod Steiger,Claire Bloom,Robert Duvall.
Both strange in their own ways

Last edited:

CAR63

Strat-Talker
Sep 11, 2012
central calif.
Also The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension . Weird , but I love it . A lot of great actors , but who writes this stuff ?? Hong Kong Cavaliers ? Right on !!

Neil Davies

Strat-Talk Member
Apr 18, 2018
West Midlands, UK
I've seen some really weird films, penalty of having a free movie app on my firestick, I suppose!
There was one called Rubber, if I remember right, about a killer tyre. Literally a car tyre that rolls around murdering people. That was odd.
One my wife and I watched was Yellowbrickroad, which although my wife is a big horror movie fan, really creeper her out. Worth a watch.

Bob Spumoni

Senior Stratmaster
May 5, 2019
New England
My favorite oddball film is Shanghai Gesture (1941) with Victor Mature, Gene Tierney, Walter Huston, Ona Munson.

Here's Gene with a weirdly accoutred Ona Munson:

iu

Yowza.

Vic and Gene cum Fez:

iu

Poster:

iu

It's a pip. (A French Poster: the film is in English.)

Aaand some weird clips:

Last edited:

Bob Spumoni

Senior Stratmaster
May 5, 2019
New England
Bonjour Tristesse w/ Niven and Jean Seberg (1958) is an odd one. Here's a musical interlude, featuring Miles Davis' girlfriend, Juliet Greco:

crashbelt

Strat-O-Master
Feb 27, 2012
England
Themroc 1973 - French anarchist art-house movie with no intelligible dialogue but plenty of incest and cannabalism.

Must admit to thinking it was revoltingly bonkers when I saw it as a student at the time, although it has subsequently acquired a bit of cult status!

Latest posts