Well... I'm positive I won't be leaving the house for at least the next 5 days

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by ibdrkn1, Jan 12, 2022 at 12:22 PM.

1. FrieAsABird

FrieAsABird Senior Stratmaster

:thumb:

2. ibdrkn1

ibdrkn1 Senior Stratmaster

Just playing with myself in my room. What am I playing? Why pocket pool of course!!!
    IMG_20220112_194701522_HDR.jpg

SalvorHardin and Hydr0 like this.
  3. Patlogsdon

Patlogsdon Strat-Talker

Wish everyone well.

ibdrkn1 likes this.
  4. AncientAx

AncientAx Still hacking ....

5. Boubou

Boubou Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

Hope you get better soon

ibdrkn1 likes this.
  6. ibdrkn1

Sooooo, my body says laying in bed all day is not good. Thinking about a solo walk around the hood for fresh air and activity. Did you have that urge too?

7. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Strat-O-Master

Is this why some people keep the trem cover off?

ibdrkn1, SalvorHardin and guitarface like this.
  8. Hydr0

Hydr0 Senior Stratmaster

you must be feeling better already :D

ibdrkn1 likes this.
  9. ibdrkn1

Better yes, 100% not yet. Has a few spells of low fever 100.1 and aches yesterday still that were easily countered with a single Advil Cold and Flu.

Today congested and feel like I need fresh air and to get my heart rate up a bit.

Bowmap and Hydr0 like this.
  10. Hydr0

Hydr0 Senior Stratmaster

I didn't actually, but everyone is different.

For me, I had no desire to leave my apartment, quarantine was easy for me. Maybe today or tomorrow, i'll take a test and if I'm negative and I'll venture out using proper safety precautions for others. I'm pretty much over it now, but I also know I'm not 100% back to my normal self yet.

Hopefully, you're case continues to be more mild than mine. :thumb:

ibdrkn1 likes this.
  11. AncientAx

So far very mild for me .scratchy throat. Slight cough and intermittent body aches . Feels more like a cold than anything .... knocking on wood !

Hydr0 and ibdrkn1 like this.
  12. ibdrkn1

I feel like things are going as well as could be expected for me so far. My hope is that I caught it in time to not get anyone else sick. Everyone else in the house is also isolating (from society) but as I'm the only one with symptoms I've stayed in the bedroom (with the exception of using the fancy indoor plumbing as mentioned earlier. Lol).

Since I cooked dinner Monday and Tuesday my wife opted to order out for dinner last night while she disinfected the rest of the house. So on a positive note I had some good Thai food for dinner and didn't have to cook it.

Mansonienne likes this.
  13. AncientAx

My wife had a rough couple days but is feeling better . My son is like me , mild so far .

Hydr0 likes this.
  14. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Strat-O-Master

Must be uncomfortable playing under there. Of course you could lay down some bed tracks. I'll shut up, now.

ibdrkn1 likes this.
  15. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Strat-O-Master

A little hybrid picking, no doubt?

ibdrkn1 likes this.
  16. ibdrkn1

Why is there only one like button?
    Thems my brand of jokes.

SalvorHardin likes this.
  17. ibdrkn1

I missed this one earlier.

I may not be feeling 100% myself but I'll not be licking sustain blocks anytime soon.

Note. I was conflicted on the funniest way to word that and decided to take the high road. Not as funny but the thread may continue.

18. Bricks

Bricks Strat-Talk Member

Were you sick with something or did you just know that you fell behind on sleep. Of course, missing lot's of sleep can make you feel fatigued and lower your immune system.
    I'm just curious?

Hydr0 likes this.
  19. ibdrkn1

I'd like to say to it was bad luck but like every good hypocrite I momentarily broke my own rules.

I do have chronic sinus issues (for at least 30 years) and I work rotating shifts in a factory (for the past 23 years) so I'm always tired/run down. It would only have been a matter of time before I got sick from "work exposure" as this variant has been having it's way with our staff. There are multiple people in my general work area who were off late last week as well others missing Monday and Tuesday. My wife works at a pharmacy and her co-worker numbers have been constantly dwindling as well.

Timing wise it comes down to Sunday afternoon. We have fitted our jam spot with an air purification unit suitable for hospitals as one of our band members works at a company who makes them. It's light kills any viruses and bacteria it touches (including that which shall not be named) and it draws all the air in the room through its light.

But band practice was cancelled due to a hand injury of one of the members. I went in to kill time and work on some songs and the other guitar player came by to show me his new Strat.

In a real practice that purifier would have been on an hour before practice. In a real practice we would have been in our own areas (minimum 6 feet apart) but I saw a new toy and had to play it. Trading guitars was the only time we were less than 8 feet from each other and I guess that has made all the difference.

I went nowhere else on the weekend and all three kids were with their other parents for the weekend (my wife and I each have kids from prior relationships). My wife worked the later shifts on Sunday and Monday and I barely saw her those days. Hence me having time to kill at the jam spot.

Tuesday afternoon the other guitar let me know had a positive test and Tuesday (8pm) evening I started to feel excessively tired. By 11 I had a slight fever and some muscle aches. That's 2.5 days after 30 mins of guitar ogling. Too late to be from Fridays shift, too soon to be from Monday's shift.

This was all me. Well....I guess the other guitar player had a bit to do with it too.

FrieAsABird likes this.
  20. Hydr0

Hydr0 Senior Stratmaster

My sleeping hours didnt really change before I had symptoms, i dont think..nothing major at least, but my eating habits did.

My wife has been on a trip out of the country (still is fortunately for her)...and no, i didnt go out to bars or do anything like that, but my eating habits fell into a downward spiral.

I ordered a lot of food as take out, which i normally never do...I was eating pizza, ice cream, etc., really over-indulged myself, something i haven't done in a very very long time..at least 3-4 years and I'm not exaggerating. I actually hated the way it made me feel..i ended up throwing away anything i had left over after the third day of stuffing myself with junk food.

I probably didn't sleep well with a belly full of pizza and ice cream a few nights in a row, actually I KNOW i didnt sleep well those nights. I learned my lesson, I'm back to the way i used to eat and I will continue the lifestyle I learned was right for me a long time ago...even when she is away.

Who knows if that was a factor, but i started feeling sick a couple days after i threw all that stuff out and two days later I had a positive test...back to fish and vegetables and zero things that contain processed sugar, flour, etc. for me...for life!...i learned my lesson about it even before I got sick.

ibdrkn1 likes this.