Well... I'm positive I won't be leaving the house for at least the next 5 days

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by ibdrkn1, Jan 12, 2022 at 12:22 PM.

1. ibdrkn1

ibdrkn1 Senior Stratmaster

On a positive note. I just got back from a 4.5 km walk around the relatively bare streets.

Yesterday, I just felt like laying around and that's what I did. This morning I felt like I needed fresh air and to work up a little sweat and that's what I did. The timing is fortunate because two days ago it was -22 (Canadian) outside, today its only -1 with a "Real Feel" of +2????

There's very few on the streets because most are at work and all the kids having school online still. It was very easy to avoid coming anywhere near other people.

Now it's nap time.

Edit. Having lunch before a nap and discovered that my taste is off. I've experienced this before and would say it's a being sick thing and not a "you know what" thing.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022 at 1:17 PM
    FrieAsABird and duzie like this.
  2. ibdrkn1

I also did not cook for myself on Sunday as I was alone and didn't feel it was worth the effort. It's not entirely impossible that's the problem (for you, for me it less of a challenge to figure out).

At my work last week we had a guy come into work knowing he'd tested positive. It took 6 working days and most of the people in his area getting sick to figure out the problem. My company has 600 people across three shifts. Though I don't know what part of the company this happened I do know it wasn't in my area specifically.

I'm assuming that guy is living paycheck to paycheck and decided to chance coming to work anyway.

Take that same guy and have him handle food.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022 at 1:41 PM
    Hydr0 likes this.
  3. ibdrkn1

On another positive note. My wife is using this isolation time to apply for schooling in search of a new career.

She and I texting/calling each other from different rooms in our house and she's just passed an entry exam. Woohoo!!!

4. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Strat-O-Master

My family picked it up somehow last week in spite of being vaxed plus boosted and having minimal interactions outside our home. Makes me wonder about things I've been told....

I've been the sickest since I developed a secondary bacterial infection that left me unable to swallow due to pain and swelling. It was difficult to get a doctor to help but I did manage to finally get an appointment and appropriate meds so it looks like hospitalization will be avoided (I hope).

5. ibdrkn1

Whenever one expert says one thing there's another expert in line to say the opposite. All we can do is try our best which what those experts are trying to do too.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you and your family.

6. Mr Dunlop

Mr Dunlop Senior Stratmaster

Everyone has the omicron it seems. The isolation period of 5 days is a joke.
    So my people walking around with symptoms still.
    Health care workers forced to work after 5 days.
    Cloth masks are no longer effective.

Welcome to 2022. It feels alot like 2020 still

ibdrkn1 likes this.
  7. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Strat-O-Master

Yep, take care of yourself. Fluids, rest and guitars every 4hours or as needed…

ibdrkn1 likes this.
  8. AncientAx

AncientAx Still hacking ....

Feeling much better today !

9. ibdrkn1

As mentioned in a few posts my wife works at a pharmacy. They do asymptomatic tests there for people needing to show an all clear for work or travel.

At least 4 people a day who have no reason to believe they have a problem test positive.

I've been locked in my bedroom for 3 days now to try to keep it away from the rest of the family, but each of these 3 days I'm only one Advil away from feeling good enough to function and that's how it gets brushed off as no big deal.

This thing has been two steps forward and one step back the whole time though. Pockets of feeling better followed by a clear realization that I'm not where I'd need to be yet.

10. Mr Dunlop

Mr Dunlop Senior Stratmaster

I have talked with at 4 people this week that sounded like they had symptoms. Head colds, coughing etc... Thier family members are positive but they don't believe they are because they are vaccinated.
    It's like people feel they are Bullet prove and just spreading the illness even further

ibdrkn1 likes this.
  11. AncientAx

AncientAx Still hacking ....

It was the strangest thing for me . Last night I had chills pretty bad so I laid in bed under the blankets . I dozed off for a while . I woke up drenched in sweat , but felt like a weight had been lifted off me . Got up and took a shower and have been feeling much better. ....

duzie and ibdrkn1 like this.
  12. ibdrkn1

I've experienced that with other illness so it makes sense this one would be the same.

Hopefully that's the turning point and you're on your way. Yesterday morning I woke up feeling pretty good but kind of feeling like there was a little weight on my chest.

I took a decent sized walk outside (because it wasn't too cold) for some fresh air and to work up a bit of a sweat. It really wiped me out for the rest of the day but by bedtime and still this morning my chest feels lighter. Next time my temperature spikes I probably shouldn't take anything and let nature do it's thing.

13. ibdrkn1

Today will not be a walking around day. Super tired and it seems it my body's mission to remove as much sinus gunk as possible.

Chest feels good though. Throat doesn't hurt much.

Tons of sneezing.

Feeling lucky to live where I live. At the end of a dead end street at the top of a large ravine in the quiet part of town. I have a small two chair deck off the side of my bedroom. Even though I'm too tired to go for a walk I can still get some fresh air and sunlight.
    IMG_20220114_121520020_HDR.jpg

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022 at 12:19 PM
    Bowmap, mjark, Hydr0 and 1 other person like this.
  14. mjark

mjark Senior Stratmaster

Heal quickly.

ibdrkn1 likes this.
  15. ibdrkn1

Whoever's buying the next round of Corona-Light it'll be a hard pass for me!

Energy level is at -12 today. Of course the other guitar player said that yesterday and wants to jam today so maybe I'm getting closer.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022 at 3:30 PM
  16. Hydr0

Hydr0 Senior Stratmaster

yep, i know that feeling..rest up...your body will slowly get back to normal again...im close, but not quite there yet

ibdrkn1 likes this.
  17. Bowmap

Bowmap I nose a thang or two. Platinum Supporting Member

Yup.. like having no strings.

Best wishes to get past this thing quickly.

ibdrkn1 likes this.
  18. ibdrkn1

Day 4 locked in a room.

Feeling much bored'er. I mean better. But also the first one.

Think my warped sense of humor might get me kicked off that other site.:whistling:

Antstrat likes this.