Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

what about the MIM deluxe players stratocaster

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Donald77, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Donald77

Donald77 Senior Stratmaster

Hi

I was originally planning on a mia standard strat, but now i have the opportunity to swap one of my guitars to this model:

Fender Products

It is a Fender deluxe players stratocaster made in mexico. I took a tour on the net, and the reviews are good for this model. But ofcourse i woudn't dare to buy without the approval of you fellow strat junkies ;)

2. abracadabra

abracadabra stationcalling? Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 5, 2009
    UK
    The finishing will be noticeably better than a MIM Standard strat, and the components are probably all better too, certainly the pups are of a better quality. Some people will want proper single-coils, as this one has noiseless pups, and personally I don't like all the colours (gold, red, tort etc), but I would always suggest trying before you buy anyway. That way you only need your approval, not ours. :)

3. poeman33

poeman33 Strat-Talk Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    I don't have a whole guitar, but I have bought some components off Ebay. I bought the Vintage bridge, and it is very high quality. Nice big block and well made. It sounds great. I have also bought two of the red Ash bodies. They are really nice bodies.

johsti likes this.

4. dreamingstrat

dreamingstrat Strat-Talker

Oct 13, 2010
    Philippines
    I have the MIM Deluxe roadhouse strat.. its a super guitar for me.. the texas specials are soooo good... I think the deluxes are one step higher than the standard.. and I think the deluxe players are great too with the noiseless pups...

anyway this is my deluxe roadhouse

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. LyleGreen

LyleGreen Strat-Talker

Oct 24, 2010
    Fredericton, New Brunswic
    Here's my 2 cents, for what it's worth. I purchased one a few months ago. Gorgeous Crimson red. Can't say I like the pickguard though; very ugly. It's a well made guitar, easily better than some of the MIM signature models I've owned, but not better than my 50th anniversary Classic 50's MIM strat. I haven't decided whether I like the noiseless pickups, although they do indeed reduce (but don't entirely eliminate) and higher volumes. I'm still getting used to the 12" radius. I much prefer 7.25 myself. I absolutely hate the modern C neck. Too thin in my view. I like a V myself. I also own a US deluxe. In comparison, the MIM is not quite as well made, but very close. The components on the US deluxe are slightly better, although I do prefer the vintage style tuners on the MIM to the locking ones on the US. I find the transparent Crimson finish to be much more beautiful than the tobacco burst of the US. The ash body was a real revelation. To me the real test of a guitar is how it sounds unplugged. If it sounds like a lemon then the best amp in the world isn't going to make it a winner, you will just have an enhanced version of a bad sounding instrument. Both the US and the MIM deluxe sound superb unplugged. Much better than my guitars made of alder. The MIM though has the edge. I use it to pracice late at night when everyone is asleep, because it still sounds great. The verdict: Compared to standard Strats (US or MIM) the Deluxe is clearly a superior axe. Compared against specialty models it is equal in some respects but not in others. But then again, the US deluxe is more than twice the price. My favourite axe, the classic 50's, would have listed at about 25% higher as well. I hope this is of some use to use

Lyle

6. Sprocket

Sprocket Senior Stratmaster

Jul 22, 2008
    De'ville, Florida
    I own a sunburst Deluxe Player Strat body that Ive had for a lil over 2 years...first of all, these bodies are bulletproof! And it looks wonderful!
    BTW I also owned a DPS blonde body as well...the pictures dont do this color justice, its a beautiful creamy transparent blonde(almost Mary kay), you really gotta see it before you judge.

Really great partscaster bodies!

7. Riverrat

Riverrat Strat-Talk Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Chillicothe, MO. USA
    Really a great guitar..........

I bought mine new last November and it is rock solid. Mine is also Crimson Red with rosewood board....noiseless pickups have good strat quack....ash body isn't too heavy....it's 12" radius neck took me some time to get onto, it's a tad wider than my Gretsch 12" necks....frets are finished to perfection....gold plated hardware looks sharp....all in all, it is a great guitar considering it is the 2nd cheapest strat that Fender makes. They came up with a winner as far as I'm concerned.

Glenn

8. Donald77

Donald77 Senior Stratmaster

they come without the case i read, but do they have a gig bag?

9. Riverrat

Riverrat Strat-Talk Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Chillicothe, MO. USA
    Mine came with the deluxe heavy duty Fender gig bag. I always have a spare hardshell case or two laying around home for my guitars, tho.

Glenn

10. warddix

warddix Strat-Talk Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Central MA
    I had one for a while- but the model before they put the noiseless pickups on it. I have a preference for smaller radius necks like many others here, and just couldn't adapt to the 12. THAT SAID, that was a great guitar, particularly for the way low price I got it for used. I'm surprised no one has mentioned (or maybe I didn't read carefully- sorry) my favorite part of this guitar- the switch to turn on the bridge pickup. I love that tone, and have wired my new strat that way. Definately give it a try- well made guitars in my experience.

11. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music. Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    I had/have one. It was too bright sounding lots of ice pick. I loved the neck. Its the chunkiest neck of all my strats. So after many different pickups to try to "fix" the sound I bought an alder body and put the rest of the parts on that. Its now one of my favorite guitars. Stock items left are neck and hardware.

12. davidrf

davidrf Strat-Talker

Dec 27, 2010
    Italy
    Interesting discussion... I think the white roadhouse is damn cool looking :)

13. MrWhite

MrWhite Strat-Talk Member

Dec 21, 2010
    St Louis Missouri
    I just traded a PRS SE Soapbar II for a Deluxe Players Strat in what i believe would be called tobacco burst..IMO the guitar plays and sounds fantastic..
    It does have one problem though that i can't figure out..Either there is something wrong with the switching system that gives the added two pickup configuration or the added two pickup configurations just sound weak and useless on there on accord..Regardless here is my review on this forum
    http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/str...-player-strat-problem-push-button-switch.html

I own 4 other Strats 73 Standard ,90 Ultra,06 Roadhouse,08 heavily modded MIM H.S.S Standard..
    I have not figured out just yet were the Deluxe will fit in..I will say as far as quality goes it is superb..The Finish is just unbelievable and comes real close to my ultra as far as looks wise,,.
    I personally find the Deluxe and the upgraded MIM series guitars to be excellent players.. I'm very impressed with both the Deluxe and Roadhouse as far as build quality and tones. I have no problems playing on stage with either one ..I actually prefer playing them live to my more expensive 73 standard or Ultra.