What ACTUALLY kills weeds?

nosmo

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 13, 2020
Tir-na Nog'th
In my gravel driveway I use Costco bulk vinegar and NON-IODIZED salt, about 1/4 cup salt to 2 gallons vinegar. Not totally permanent, need to retreat about every four months. I tried the flamethrower, but it only burns the tops, not the roots, so they came back pretty soon, but flame is always fun.

monte merrick

Most Honored Senior Member
it is an open secret that the actual killer of weeds is well known, yet walks among us, uncharged, unprosecuted, due to significant social connections that reach across society even to the most unsavory corners of power. while authorites feign ignorance regarding the weeds' actual killer, in truth they luncheon with them every day. in fact you could say that we all do, for we've met the enemy and he is us.

Last edited:

crankmeister

Most Honored Senior Member
Jul 9, 2020
Republic of Gilead
the most unsavory corners of power. while authorites feign ignorance regarding the weeds' actual killer, in truth they luncheon with them every day. in fact you could say that we all do, for we've met the enemy and he is us.

Too real. But it skipped the part where they bulldoze the natives out of the way and then, a bit later, pay a bunch of money to have some boulders placed just so in the yard for that natural look.

tanta07

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 28, 2019
Colorado
One of these. Plus, they're kinda fun. You get to pretend you're Tiger Woods as you go through your back yard.

Attachments

• 10339311.jpg
    10339311.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Boubou

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2009
Montreal
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8976696/

Plus, they banned weed killers here, and lawn with diversity makes a much healthier planet and are getting more popular, have flowers in there like clover for the bees and butterflies (hey there is a song in there).
I do pull lions tooth (dandelions, dent de lion) with a weed puller .
But I don’t use chemicals even though chemicals provided for my working life and retirement

Lost Sailor

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 20, 2012
Wolf 359
Good thread, I was just thinking about how to get rid of the weeds under the bench I sit outside and play my guitar on in the back yard.....
Drop a dark color teardrop pick and good luck finding it again.

StratUp

Dr. Stratster
Sep 5, 2020
Altered States
Too real. But it skipped the part where they bulldoze the natives out of the way and then, a bit later, pay a bunch of money to have some boulders placed just so in the yard for that natural look.

A real pet peeve of mine. Builders used to work with the natural landscape, preserving features. Now they wipe out and flatten 1000 acres and replant a few small trees when they are done. Progress.

amstratnut

Peace thru Music.
Dec 1, 2009
My house.
I have a big property in a rural area. Weeds are a constant nuisance.

Goats take care of most of it. I have a few areas I have to maintain. Its a pita. Flame is sooo not an option in my area. Tried vinegar soap and salt. Doesnt work. I cant physically pull all the weeds. There are just too many.

Im open to suggestions.