chrimturn

Fire in the Wire
Silver Member
Jun 14, 2013
Ccajlo

"I'll get better on that...I'm gonna practice more."
OMG.

🤣 Right! OMFG.

This past week I’ve been really focusing on utilizing passing tones. Looping a funky G9 or 7 and listening and learning…getting a feel for how to use/include the space between the b7 and root. And the space between the 3 and 6 is a blast! Chromatic slide into a 3, rolling to the root, double/triple hammer-ons to 5/6 then pull offs! More rolling, more chromatic slides! Man, what a blast! I mean the sounds! They’ve been there the whole time, just waiting to be unlocked! 😍

I’m really trying to establish a good technique to try and come up with some good lines. This video you posted here shows some really clear examples of how this guy travels. Not to learn his road note for note…no. No fun in sounding like somebody else. It will be a good study piece while trying to develop my own sound.

Thank you ma’am, once again. :thumb:

dogletnoir

V----V
Nov 1, 2013
northeastern us
🤣 Right! OMFG.

This past week I’ve been really focusing on utilizing passing tones. Looping a funky G9 or 7 and listening and learning…getting a feel for how to use/include the space between the b7 and root. And the space between the 3 and 6 is a blast! Chromatic slide into a 3, rolling to the root, double/triple hammer-ons to 5/6 then pull offs! More rolling, more chromatic slides! Man, what a blast! I mean the sounds! They’ve been there the whole time, just waiting to be unlocked! 😍

I’m really trying to establish a good technique to try and come up with some good lines. This video you posted here shows some really clear examples of how this guy travels. Not to learn his road note for note…no. No fun in sounding like somebody else. It will be a good study piece while trying to develop my own sound.

Thank you ma’am, once again. :thumb:
It's always my pleasure to post things that i find inspiring and then to hear that
they have inspired someone else as well!
Keep on working to unlock those sounds; i'm right there with you, my friend!

Last edited: