What are you reading?

Guitarchaeologist

Master Spuddler
Silver Member
Dec 17, 2016
Behind the 8 ball
I remember in anthropology class our required reading was about a culture in the rainforest along the Amazon. When I got to the part that estimated they worked 5 hours a day for their living I began to have doubts regarding progress.
Most likely you read about the Yanomamo people that live in Brazil. Napolean Chagnon studied them in the 1960s.

Neil.C

Most Honored Senior Member
Mar 3, 2012
Surrey, England
md30937848650.jpg

YohanTheMan

Strat-O-Master
Sep 3, 2020
Denmark
Tim Robbins, actor.
Tom Robbins, author.
Know the difference.
:p
I will not be subjected to this kind of slander. I thought we were supposed to help each other here. Work together like a team, and you know what they say. "There's no i in team"
The fact of the matter is that there's no possible way of proving what your saying. We will most likely never know, it's your word against mine so let us just agree to disagree;)

dogletnoir

V----V
Nov 1, 2013
northeastern us
I will not be subjected to this kind of slander. I thought we were supposed to help each other here. Work together like a team, and you know what they say. "There's no i in team"
The fact of the matter is that there's no possible way of proving what your saying. We will most likely never know, it's your word against mine so let us just agree to disagree;)
LOL.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Robbins
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Robbins
Line 2: Not to be confused with Tim Robbins.

Of course, we could now get into the validity of wikipedia entries, or go down
the philosophical rabbit hole of what constitutes 'proof', 'how do we know that
we know what we know?', or even the true nature of 'knowledge' and 'consciousness'...
but since i'm fairly sure that both your original statement and your subsequent
follow-up reply were meant as jokes, i'll just leave this alone now.

Last edited:

Nokie

Strat-O-Master
Jul 31, 2018
Ted Templeman: A Platinum Producer's Life in Music as told to Greg Renoff. It's quite good for classic rock fans. I especially like the story of Michael McDonald's discovery and what a badass Van Morrison was on the street. I'm only half way through.

I also read Renoff's book on the rise of Van Halen. It's good but I don't recommend that one as widely because it is over-detailed regarding the Pasadena house-party scene that got more crazy as the band got more popular. I was somewhat of a local, living 2 cities over, and saw Van Halen in those pre-label, pre-finger-tapping happy hippy days and they were just amazing. Reading of the early early days was very interesting but the following countless stories of wild backyard parties was something I needed to skip over to get to the good stuff regarding the meetings with Gene Simmons and the various hurdles they jumped on their way to Warner Bros.

YohanTheMan

Strat-O-Master
Sep 3, 2020
Denmark
LOL.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Robbins
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Robbins
Line 2: Not to be confused with Tim Robbins.

Of course, we could now get into the validity of wikipedia entries, or go down
the philosophical rabbit hole of what constitutes 'proof', 'how do we know that
we know what we know?', or even the true nature of 'knowledge' and 'consciousness'...
but since i'm fairly sure that both your original statement and your subsequent
follow-up reply were meant as jokes, i'll just leave this alone now.
qr4thf8kmlq61.jpg

nungesser

crash into your windshield of love
Apr 28, 2014
Ireland
The Secret of NIMH was an very good animated film.

What is of concern at CERN?
I agree the animation in that movie was fantastic it was a golden era of animation about that time.

as far as CERN goes if I had to explain it to you , you wouldn't understand, haha actually I only understand about 5 to 10 % of it but it fascinates me and I read it cover to cover and figure their must be some kind of osmosis by doing so

circles

Resident Pinball Enthusiast
May 26, 2013
West Seattle
I agree the animation in that movie was fantastic it was a golden era of animation about that time.

as far as CERN goes if I had to explain it to you , you wouldn't understand, haha actually I only understand about 5 to 10 % of it but it fascinates me and I read it cover to cover and figure their must be some kind of osmosis by doing so

I also read Scientific American magazine. Some articles are okay for a layman. The tough ones I plow through just to try to learn something, or at least get the gist of the article.

Scientific_American,_volume_14,_issue_32,_page_257.png