What do you think about people who play American Professionals that aren't pro musicians?

Hanaywhat

Strat-Talker
Mar 23, 2022
Vancouver Island
Is this thread REALLY about the question, or is it about the meme? The question is arguably a valid one, as is the meme - but together, there seems to be a bit of incongruence? I don't see the link between the question and the meme... am I overthinking it? Missing something?

Maybe... I can't tell.
No. I literally typed in "dank fender strat meme" on Google and used the first image I saw. Just something to look at.

sunburst_xxii

Strat-Talker
May 11, 2022
R86050
No. I literally typed in "dank fender strat meme" on Google and used the first image I saw. Just something to look at.
It is a funny meme to be fair, I thought the thread may have been a covert commentary on the radical Fender-theory currently sweeping the globe. I didn't mean to mis-Fender you, if I did I apologise. I am Cis-Fender, so I can sometimes get it wrong :) 🙏

Stu78

Senior Stratmaster
Apr 20, 2019
Scotland
Come on man be serious. This is a serious question and it's a debate that our society needs to have for the betterment of personkind.
I seriously doubt that's the case, you should stress less. It not that important.

Ultimately If a guitar plays good it is good. Player, professional or otherwise. Folk get to hung up on more money spent is better. It's all diminishing returns the more you spend.

Nadnitram

Most Honored Senior Member

What do you think about people who play American Professionals that aren't pro musicians?​

I don't.

My budget instruments are above my play grade, so I hardly have room to worry about anyone else's gear. If they can afford a guitar, good for them.

Crap I just put off the vibe that I play so I get a squire.
What kind of vibe is it? Would you call it a "classic" vibe? If so, I think we're onto something.

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
Slash has sold tens of millions of albums, and probably single-handedly saved the Les Paul from obscurity in the '80s, and he officially endorses Gibson guitars.

Of course he gets free stuff. He also gets payed by Gibson. The vast majority of pro musicians don't.
Hardly gonna be given an AmPro then is he?

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
That's why I don't play guitars that have stupid names in the middle, to avoid such complex issues.

When my Stratocaster was made it was called "Fender Stratocaster". If you wanted another Fender model you'd get the "Fender Telecaster".
What’s Winnie the Pooh’s middle name? Think about it……………………..

Last edited:

Cerb

Anti conformist reformist
Jan 22, 2016
Sweden
What’s Winnie the Poos middle name? Think about it……………………..
I know Winnie the Pooh but I've never heard of Winnie the Poo. What is it? Some late night activity I shouldn't ask about?