Join Strat-Talk Today

What do you think of Tremsetters?

Discussion in 'DIY Strat Forum' started by Chubbles, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Chubbles

Chubbles Strat-Talker

I haven't floated my MIM Strat tremolo yet. I was more concerned about it returning to pitch. They say this allows a floating tremolo to stay in tune. They're around 40 bucks. I've been considering a tremsetter for a few years, but I'm concerned that it will increase the string tension making it hard to bend with my fingers.

What is your experience with these and what do you think of them. Any input is appreciated.
    download.jpeg.jpg

Cerb likes this.
  2. mapleglo

mapleglo Strat-O-Master

I've been looking at these as well, and have been wondering how well they work.

Chubbles likes this.
  3. henderman

henderman Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

they do exactly what they say they will but are slightly tricky to setup and you will have to drill a hole in the back cavity of the guitar. when you use the bar it feels like there is a detent when you go past the point that it holds the trem stable so it is a little weird for regular trem users.

they will make the bends seem harder but you will have to bend the string less overall to get to pitch since the trem is no longer moving when you bend a string.

jrbirdman likes this.
  4. Believer7713

Believer7713 Most Honored Senior Member Silver Member

These are the ones I use. I find them really nice and they do exactly what you are looking for. But as said, they are kind of tricky to set up. If you watch this video and follow it to a T it will come out perdect.

Here are a couple of mine instLled.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I don't find it any harder to bend with them either. As long as your guitar is properly setup then it shouldn't affect bending at all. In fact, it will help by holding yoyr bridge stable so you can bend against chords and not have the other strings drop off pitch. You do have to make sure that your nut is properly cut and lubed (if needed) which is the most crucial part of coming back to pitch with trem use. Even if your bridge comes back to zero, if the strings don't slide tgrough the nut your axe will not be in tune after the first hit on the wiggle stick.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5. SurfsUp

SurfsUp Senior Stratmaster

I've had one since 1993.....but I think I may be losing out with it, as I've always had my bridge flat to the body and never use my bar.

6. Tone Deaf

Tone Deaf Senior Stratmaster

Never had any problem with the one on my '95 Strat Plus.
    Coupled with the LSR roller nut, it stays in tune better than my 2004 MIA standard.
    No noticeable bend issues, but I almost never use the bar.

jrbirdman, Believer7713 and Morf2540 like this.
  7. Morf2540

Morf2540 Strat-O-Master

I will verify what ToneDeaf says. My '93 Strat Plus came stock with tremsetter and roller nut. This guitar never goes out of tune. It is rock solid.

jrbirdman, Tone Deaf and Believer7713 like this.
  8. Believer7713

Believer7713 Most Honored Senior Member Silver Member

I never had one that was stock. I started installing them in my Floyd equipped guitars because I rested my hand on the bridge and it would cause the bridge to bounce. The Tremsetters have always held the bridges solid and worked flawlessly when setup correctly. Just as @Tone Deaf and @Morf2540 said. I also put one on my mid eighties MIJ Contemporary strat with a System 1 bridge because it worked so well.

Tone Deaf likes this.
  9. Chubbles

Chubbles Strat-Talker

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm going to try it. I've moded the heck out of some of my guitars. I'm confident i can get it right.

Believer7713 likes this.
  10. Chubbles

Chubbles Strat-Talker

BTW, after much research, I will not try one of the Tremsetters. There is too much modification to the guitar. The spring claw gets replaced with individual claws. It would be too much work to switch it back. (There's soldering of the ground wire - not a problem in itself)

I am going to get the: "WD Music TS-1 Tremolo Stabilizer". It fits inside a spring for no modification . It doesnt limit the springs to 3. Its cheaper too. GC has it for about 25.00.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.