What have I done!

Discussion in 'Acoustic Soundboard' started by Kingmarc1982, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Kingmarc1982

Kingmarc1982 Strat-Talker

Decided to pick up the acoustic and give it some long deserved attention It’s a fender redondo and I like it because of the familiar strat like neck and feel. So the other day I tried my hand at a fret leveling and recrown. Pleasantly surprised how easy and probably lucky I got with the results. But you gotta step up to @&$! Up. Anyway. I was changing the nut and completely ruined the new one so I put the old one back in but not before I sanded a lot off the bottom of it. Then I snapped the only acoustic d string I had so I thought. Well I have a lot of slinky #9s and since I’m putting electric strings on my acoustic why not shave down the saddle too. Frets are level so limbo time. How low can I go. Guys. It’s low. Really low like damn I wish my strat fretboard played like this low. The feel when I play now is just wow. It’s a different guitar. The sound. Well. Not so full but honestly not bad it’s sounds good enough for my living room and I play my strat all the time unplugged. No complaints there. It’s like that but better. Probably ruined this setup for acoustic strings for now but guess what. I don’t care. I like this until I don’t amd it’s nothing that can’t be undone for a couple bucks. I’m so excited to play the electric string acoustic some more.

Groovey likes this.
  2. Tone Deaf

Tone Deaf Most Honored Senior Member

Paragraphs - they’re the new dope

guitarface and Kingmarc1982 like this.
  3. Kingmarc1982

It was long winded I know I was just so excited

4. Stevn

Stevn Senior Stratmaster

High five bro!

5. Groovey

Groovey Dr. Stratster

Good stuff. I went to 10s on my acoustic a while back. Feels great. Playing the electrics spoiled me. I don't care to press so hard on the strings any more. I lost a bit of volume but I plug it in most of the time anyway.

Kingmarc1982 likes this.
  6. Kingmarc1982

If I fit a player series pickup from my strat and add a volume /tone/ blender with the fishman on the bridge. Will that work?