Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

What have you Bass'd today?

Discussion in 'Ace's BASS Place' started by Dan_Q, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Dan_Q

Dan_Q Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 26, 2016
    NW UK
    dammit i need to sort soundcloud out so i can hear what y'all doin' :(

2. Dan_Q

Jan 26, 2016
    NW UK
    It's been a good week for low end here.
    NBD for me last week- there were complications so didn't post immediately but all is now well
    [​IMG]
    And I now have a case for #1.
    [​IMG]
    Now to get back to addressing the fact I can't play either of them properly.........

3. mduganjr

mduganjr Strat-Talker

Nov 16, 2016
    Covington, Louisiana
    Been trying to learn the little nuances of "Gimmie Three Steps". Started playing bass with a local band not too long ago after not playing for about 4 years. So, knocking the rust off and just having fun learning songs.

Hash McBrown and Dan_Q like this.

4. Dan_Q

Jan 26, 2016
    NW UK
    Good man I really need to print off some tabs or invest in a book and learn some grooves, hearing about you guys is helping!
    Good luck with the new band

5. dogletnoir

dogletnoir Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 1, 2013
    northeastern usa

Some triphop... featuring me on guitar and fretless bass. :)

circles likes this.

6. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter Vendor Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Stratford,Ontario
    I've been working on YYZ(and generally getting my a$$ kicked by it:D) But persistence is key. The only way to get there is to keep going there.

Also Ramble On and Under Pressure.

circles likes this.

7. mapleglo

mapleglo Strat-Talker

Oct 25, 2015
    phoenix
    I just finished my latest build - 5 string, 24 fret, bolt-on, Delano pickup, custom tuners, tobacco burst finish, full length flame fretboard inlay. Based loosely on the old Ampeg Devil basses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recessed jack and control plate.

[​IMG]

circles and Malurkey like this.

8. circles

circles Senior Stratmaster

I've recently learned bass for Breathe. It's a great song, and pretty straightforward. Plus reading about it Waters said he pretty much winged it, so I don't feel compelled to replicate every nuance. Also:

9. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    God what a great tune. I worked the rhythm guitar track out with a little help from Strat-Talkers and my teacher.

circles likes this.

10. amagras

amagras Strat-Talker

Oct 26, 2016
    Ontario
    I recently recorded this bass, the video is part of a mixing tutorial but it's the only sample I have atm

circles likes this.

11. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    I just got my bass amp back from my tech a couple weeks ago so I have been playing a lot more lately. No sound bites but this is my bass.
    It's a Made in the USA 1984 Jazz Bass with the of piece pickguard and a maple neck. I bought the Kahler at a local music store here in Shawnee KS and had it installed for $100.
    This was the bass that I learned on I high school and after I graduated it sat in
    A closet for two years while I convinced my old HS to sell it to me for $200 plus lessons for a semester to the kid that was struggling in jazz band at the time.
    1497323741963.jpg
    1497323754336.jpg
    1497323766887.jpg

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    Yaralag, mapleglo and Hash McBrown like this.

12. Otisblove

Otisblove Strat-O-Master

May 20, 2016
    Chicago
    Brought the Love Bass, aka Mr. Pink, upstairs to play a little the other day.
    This is the closest thing I have to a made from scratch instrument. IMG_3381.JPG IMG_3400.JPG

Yaralag and Hash McBrown like this.

13. jatremayne2

jatremayne2 New Member!

May 5, 2017
    US

14. mapleglo

mapleglo Strat-Talker

Oct 25, 2015
    phoenix
    Another Devil bass variant, this one with LED's

[​IMG]

Yaralag and Hash McBrown like this.

15. Yaralag

Yaralag Senior Stratmaster

Aug 28, 2014
    Colorado
    Had to switch from guitar back to my original instrument of choice for the past few weeks at church. No one else can play it to my satisfaction. I'm leading so that means singing and playing bass at the same time. (Boy is that a brain scrambler) Currently rocking the trusty BB614 through a GK MB115. I prefer my old Hartke LH500 but I don't have that with me. (Back in the States)
    IMG_2119.JPG

16. gjohnson441496

gjohnson441496 Strat-Talker

Jun 6, 2017
    TN
    Wow. Surprised to see so many bass kats on here. I'm a bass player that just recently picked up guitar. I can't seem to pick my bass back up again and I have to learn new songs for a gig I have in 2 weeks! I'm really diggin the guitar at this moment. Just learned Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd on guitar...

circles and Yaralag like this.

17. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Worked on a tune that Boyo tracked drums for a couple of days ago. I did some scratch vocals instead of bassing. May just leave it until Boyo is back.

D

Yaralag likes this.

18. Yaralag

Aug 28, 2014
    Colorado
    I'm with you. I have been playing guitar seriously for about three years now. In that time I have barely looked at the bass. I even went through periods where I figured I would never touch it again. Out of necessity I have and I haven't lost the old chops. (that much anyway) I do love the bass and I think I will start dividing my time a little more equally between the two.

gjohnson441496 likes this.

19. gjohnson441496

gjohnson441496 Strat-Talker

Jun 6, 2017
    TN
    I hate to say it, but I think I understand why guitarist sometimes snub the 4 stringer.

20. Yaralag

Aug 28, 2014
    Colorado
    Y
    yeah they snub it but most of em can't play it which is why I picked it up again. I was tired of the hatchet job. If I am going to play guitar and sing I need bass and drums locked in giving me something to stand on. If I am not getting it I will play bass until further notice. Now I am struggling with the new challenge of singing and playing bass at the same time. Whole different animal!