Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups ad space available Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

What have you Bass'd today?

Discussion in 'Ace's BASS Place' started by Dan_Q, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Dan_Q

Dan_Q Senior Stratmaster

Jan 26, 2016
    NW UK
    dammit i need to sort soundcloud out so i can hear what y'all doin' :(

2. Dan_Q

Dan_Q Senior Stratmaster

Jan 26, 2016
    NW UK
    It's been a good week for low end here.
    NBD for me last week- there were complications so didn't post immediately but all is now well
    [​IMG]
    And I now have a case for #1.
    [​IMG]
    Now to get back to addressing the fact I can't play either of them properly.........

mapleglo, dogletnoir and Hash McBrown like this.

3. mduganjr

mduganjr Strat-Talker

Nov 16, 2016
    Covington, Louisiana
    Been trying to learn the little nuances of "Gimmie Three Steps". Started playing bass with a local band not too long ago after not playing for about 4 years. So, knocking the rust off and just having fun learning songs.

Hash McBrown and Dan_Q like this.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Dan_Q

Dan_Q Senior Stratmaster

Jan 26, 2016
    NW UK
    Good man I really need to print off some tabs or invest in a book and learn some grooves, hearing about you guys is helping!
    Good luck with the new band

6. dogletnoir

dogletnoir Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 1, 2013
    northeastern usa

Some triphop... featuring me on guitar and fretless bass. :)

circles likes this.

7. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter Vendor Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Stratford,Ontario
    I've been working on YYZ(and generally getting my a$$ kicked by it:D) But persistence is key. The only way to get there is to keep going there.

Also Ramble On and Under Pressure.

circles likes this.

8. mapleglo

mapleglo Strat-Talker

Oct 25, 2015
    phoenix
    I just finished my latest build - 5 string, 24 fret, bolt-on, Delano pickup, custom tuners, tobacco burst finish, full length flame fretboard inlay. Based loosely on the old Ampeg Devil basses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recessed jack and control plate.

[​IMG]

circles and Malurkey like this.

9. circles

circles Senior Stratmaster

I've recently learned bass for Breathe. It's a great song, and pretty straightforward. Plus reading about it Waters said he pretty much winged it, so I don't feel compelled to replicate every nuance. Also:

10. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    God what a great tune. I worked the rhythm guitar track out with a little help from Strat-Talkers and my teacher.

circles likes this.

11. amagras

amagras Strat-Talker

Oct 26, 2016
    Ontario
    I recently recorded this bass, the video is part of a mixing tutorial but it's the only sample I have atm

circles likes this.

12. Believer7713

Believer7713 Strat-O-Master

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    I just got my bass amp back from my tech a couple weeks ago so I have been playing a lot more lately. No sound bites but this is my bass.
    It's a Made in the USA 1984 Jazz Bass with the of piece pickguard and a maple neck. I bought the Kahler at a local music store here in Shawnee KS and had it installed for $100.
    This was the bass that I learned on I high school and after I graduated it sat in
    A closet for two years while I convinced my old HS to sell it to me for $200 plus lessons for a semester to the kid that was struggling in jazz band at the time.
    1497323741963.jpg
    1497323754336.jpg
    1497323766887.jpg

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    mapleglo and Hash McBrown like this.

13. Otisblove

Otisblove Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

May 20, 2016
    Chicago
    Brought the Love Bass, aka Mr. Pink, upstairs to play a little the other day.
    This is the closest thing I have to a made from scratch instrument. IMG_3381.JPG IMG_3400.JPG

Hash McBrown likes this.

14. jatremayne2

jatremayne2 New Member!

May 5, 2017
    US

15. mapleglo

mapleglo Strat-Talker

Oct 25, 2015
    phoenix
    Another Devil bass variant, this one with LED's

[​IMG]

Hash McBrown likes this.