Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

What have you Bass'd today?

Discussion in 'Ace's BASS Place' started by Dan_Q, Nov 26, 2016.

1. gjohnson441496

gjohnson441496 Strat-Talker

Jun 6, 2017
    TN
    That's the other thing. Much respect to Geddy Lee and Esperanza Spalding. Singing with guitar is not too difficult but singing with bass is way complicated. Another thing about playing is, exactly what you are describing... GETTING IT RIGHT. Staying in the pocket; not overplaying; cutting through the mix. It's more complicated than it looks.

Yaralag likes this.

2. Yaralag

Yaralag Senior Stratmaster

Aug 28, 2014
    Colorado
    Amen to that brother! Not just about landing the notes. It's so much more.

Dan_Q and gjohnson441496 like this.

3. JP Lace Master

JP Lace Master Strat-O-Master

Sep 23, 2013
    Kent
    Picked up the bass again recently, but I'm a lefty and the bass is my right handed Biscuit Tin Bass, so I've learnt how to play bass upside down.

Been playing Pink Floyds "Money" a lot, a bit of Muddy Waters "Mannish Boy" and "Hoochie Coochie Man" and a bit of Queen "Another One Bites the Dust" and "Under Pressure". Also got real into Motown and had to learn "I Heard it Through the Grapevine" and "Papa was a Rolling Stone". P1222526.JPG

I really want to learn Jets "Are you Gonna be my Girl" and The Jams "A Town Called Malice". Might have to break out my left handed double neck Bass/Guitar for those though.

4. Namelyguitar

Namelyguitar Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 3, 2009
    Mobile Bay
    Most of my time lately on bass has been on the LTD four string. My #1 (a fiver) has been in air conditioned, storage in the HSC. I'm going to bring it home, and change the 9V. That one has a passive/active switch. My guess is that it's still in tune - a keeper!

5. amagras

amagras Strat-Talker

Oct 26, 2016
    Ontario
    I recorded this a couple months ago but I've been working extensively on it today, the video is about mixing bass but you can hear pretty much the whole bassline

6. Hugh

Hugh Needs Mo Motown Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 26, 2009
    Louisville (KY)
    Not today, but this week I did this...
    0927171538.jpg

And last night I learned 4 Stax hits including this one..