What have you bought guitar-related in the past 48 hrs?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Wound_Up, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Stratbats

Stratbats Senior Stratmaster

Arriving sometime this week: King Tone Duelist. :)

Wound_Up likes this.
  2. Mr_Lahey

Mr_Lahey Strat-Talk Member

Picked up a loaded three-ply black pickguard with three 57/62s yesterday and installed it.

dante1963 and Wound_Up like this.
  3. WelhavenT

WelhavenT Strat-O-Master

Awaiting this case today:
    13C9DE3F-D114-493A-86CC-CEA4D70E700C.jpeg 4E120CEF-8437-4330-A76C-7BCC13F93244.jpeg

dante1963, Wound_Up, Bowmap and 3 others like this.
  4. Cerb

Cerb Anti conformist reformist

A used SD Seth Lover for tye neck position, and tomorrow I'll pick up (no pun intended) a Lundgren Heaven 57 for the bridge position. Also used.

Wound_Up likes this.
  5. Exhead

Exhead Senior Stratmaster

2007 Gibson SG Faded
    2015 Gretsch Streamliner G2622/WS
    Fender Frontman 212R

IMG_8977[1].JPG

241468365_387996852733088_543534914890411375_nsm.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  6. Bowmap

Bowmap I nose a thang or two. Platinum Supporting Member

Damn nice. I was gonna say something like 'you suck'. But I think I would show restraint in case you would not get the jib. :D

Stonetone, Exhead and duzie like this.
  7. Exhead

Exhead Senior Stratmaster

These deals worked like this

Gretsch I bought for $270 from one guy, he was asking $450. Sweet.

SG & Amp: Met the guy an hour away and Bought the SG for $600 only if the guy threw in the 212R that he mentioned he also had in the truck and wondered if I knew anyone who wanted it. He agreed. Brought both back home. Cleaned up amp tested it. Really nice amp. Listed amp at $250 sold it the next day for $200. SG cost me $400.

Fender case was listed at $80, found out it was the guy I sold the Indio Helix to 2 weeks ago. He loves that guitar so much (after I polished it and fixed the nut, he gave me the case for $40.

Yeah I suck....LOL

8. Wound_Up

Wound_Up CUSTOM USER TITLE Silver Member

Just ordered some Rocket Sockets; plastic nut drivers for removing your standard guitar-related fasteners in all the common sizes.

No chance at dinging up your guitar/pedal/amp when you're taking it apart and putting it back together. I keep seeing people using them on YouTube and I finally remembered to order some for myself. They would never say what they were, though. You just saw them while they took something apart. So I had to find them myself.

https://stompboxparts.com/rocket-sockets/

rocket_socket_1_1__98483.1625242392.jpg
    rocket_socket_2__47474.1625242392 (1).jpg

There's also a Driver & screwdriver bit set at Hobby Lobby I'll probably pick up soon. It rivals the $60 StewMac kit but it's only $15 or so.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    dante1963, Exhead, CB91710 and 2 others like this.
  9. Stonetone

Stonetone Most Honored Senior Member

I ordered this today :D

upload_2021-9-16_19-16-33.png upload_2021-9-16_19-16-33.png

Exhead, Bowmap and soulman969 like this.
  10. soulman969

soulman969 Senior Stratmaster

Hmmm.....some 6' cables and a hard case for one of my acoustics.

Wound_Up likes this.
  11. soulman969

soulman969 Senior Stratmaster

Wound_Up and Stonetone like this.
  12. Stonetone

Stonetone Most Honored Senior Member

Hahahaha yeah

soulman969 likes this.
  13. s5tuart

s5tuart Perfecting time travel since 2525

3 Belcat Alnico V pups for the orange Affinity so it can be sold.
    Bargain at £15

Wound_Up likes this.
  14. chas3rd

chas3rd Strat-Talker Gold Supporting Member Silver Member

Bondi Breakers Overdrive. Haven’t received it yet.

Wound_Up likes this.
  15. Wound_Up

Just ordered a new Mosky spring reverb pedal to replace the POS Behringer that drowns out the guitar as you add reverb. It sounds horrible. Thankfully the Mosky doesn't do that. Bought this one for myself for my birthday tomorrow.

I think that's it. Last think I ordered was the Rocket Sockets and some Mogami W2314 cable. I didn't realize how small that stuff is. Wow. Next time, I'm ordering from BTPA or whatever they're called. They, have some. 20pf/ft cable I'd like to try.

16. Wound_Up

This one isn't exactly guitar-related unless you consider the fact that I use my phone to learn how to play guitar and what I bought is a power cord to charge the phone.

Yes, I know a phone charging cord isn't anything worth posting about, but this isn't just any old cord.

Magnilink-360MAXX-Black-1pack_1200x.jpg

I just bought a Magnilink Maxx charging cord for my phone. It connects to your phone magnetically and swivels 360 degrees. I saw them a while ago and forgot about them until today, so I ordered one.

The biggest issue I have is that my cords wear out from always plugging and unplugging them so this prevents that by using a magnetic adapter that plugs into your phone and stays there and the cord just sticks to the adapter that stays connected to your phone. You can see it in the pic I posted above.

And I bought a couple of new pairs of bluejeans to wear while I play guitar, too! :p They're just some regular ol' Levi's boot cut jeans. :thumb:

17. Mouse

Mouse The Knees of Rock

It's been a looooong time since I've purchased a major piece of new gear...almost 4 years. However one item I've been missing since the Great Sell-off is an acoustic guitar. Now I'm NOT an acoustic guitar player so buying a quality Martin or Taylor would be lost on me. However when doing my little cover song vids, I've been forced to use my electrics with acoustic simulators which sound pretty bad (at least mine do on my Boss BR800).

Thus I've been looking around for something inexpensive but playable and landed on the Yamaha FX335C which arrived today. Normally they're around $250 but I found a "blemished" one on Musician's Friend for $200. At that price I was willing to risk buying it without trying it although most reviews were very positive. I've given it a pretty good look over and I can't find the blemish yet so that worry was put to rest.

It's definitely a no-frills guitar in every way and has minimal finish on it (which is fine by me...particularly the neck) and I'm sure it is laminate, laminate, laminate all the way around. I tuned it up and the playability on it is excellent which for me was almost as important as how it sounded. I just refuse to fight with an acoustic but this has very low action and plays easily up and down the neck. Acoustically it sounds fine for my purposes. No one will confuse it with a Martin but for backyard strumming it'll do just fine. Plugged in it sounds reasonable as well although I haven't played plugged in as much. I'm sure with a few tweaks I can dial in a passable sound. I'm a little bummed that it doesn't have an onboard tuner but that's a minor nit at this price.

This is a terrible picture but for those who indulge me by viewing any of my vids, you'll see it in action soon as a song I'm currently learning has a major acoustic part. In fact, it was the reason I bought it. If anyone is looking for a beater acoustic, they could do worse than this guitar.

IMG_2138.jpg

duzie, Exhead and CB91710 like this.
  18. Wound_Up

Well, those Magnilink cables suck. They got returned.

I ordered an audio cable tester and another reverb pedal since it was in stock finally. It came with a free 3-pack of patch cables, also.

I have 4 different multimeters that I can and do currently use to check cable continuity. Using a cable checker will be much quicker and easier, I assume. No unwrapping leads and other issues. Guess I'll find out soon enough. I considered building one from a few schematics I found online but this was only $12 so its worth it to save me the time and headache of troubleshooting if it doesn't work.

Exhead and CB91710 like this.
  19. beerbelly

beerbelly Strat-Talker

Out for delivery today; 2000 Les Paul Special & case:

k85dpsztvwqod2g7dhoi.jpg

20. Stratimimus

Stratimimus Strat-Talker Gold Supporting Member

Roland Blues Cube Stage amp.

Wound_Up, Exhead and Bob the builder like this.