What have you bought guitar-related in the past 48 hrs?

CB91710

No GAS shortage here
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 24, 2019
SoCal
You're killin me, brother. That's an absolutely killer guitar. What year? 54? I started to buy the Indio version of this guitar instead of the honey burst because of the P90s. And because Monoprice modified a few things on it from the humbucker version that I have.

I wouldn't mind playing a good Les Paul so I could compare my guitars to the guitar they aspire to be lol. See just how well they're actually made compared to the "industry standard". I haven't played any in stores because every time I'd browse guitars and act like I wanted to pick one up, I'd get stink eye from the employee. Since I was new, it always influenced me into not picking one up.
That's the R4... the '54 reissue. Neck is 0.90 at the 1st, .0955 at the 7th, and 1.00 at the 12th.
The two other gold tops are the R6, which has a tune-o-matic and P90s, and the R7, which moves to Humbuckers.
Then of course, for half the price, the Original Series 50's Standard Goldtop, available in both P90 and Humbucker. Those are in the $2700 range.

I bought a Harley Benton (likely the same as the Indio) P90 Goldtop... never bonded with it and will likely donate it once the local music schools start to stabilize after coming back from the plague.
For a $200 guitar, it's not bad. It's got a number of cosmetic issues, and one of the tuners is really tight. It plays "ok", but it's a $200 guitar. Not worth upgrading the hardware.

Of course, the R4 was over 20x the price of the Harley Benton.

And it's worth every penny.

Wound_Up

You can call me Duane 😁
Silver Member
Jan 23, 2020
NW LA
Guess I'm on another pedal binge lol. I just ordered a Demonfx Dual Gun pedal. I've wanted one for quite a while and so I finally ordered one. Wooo!

It's coming from a shop in Texas so hopefully it won't take long to get here. Most times, you have to order direct from China so hopefully this isn't one of those places that looks like a US shipper but still gets pkgs from China.

Screenshot_20220429-181725_Reverb.jpg

thomquietwolf

Dr. Stratster
Gold Supporting Member
Silver Member
Dec 2, 2010
Peardale CA
They have one at The Fender Forum that's fairly popular so I figured I'd start one here:

If there's already one that I've missed, please disregard.

So what guitar-related purchases have you made in the last 48 hrs?

Picked up some soldering accessories. Ordered a brass tip cleaner sponge thing from Hakko and got the silicone holder & brass cleaner that Weller sells, as well.

I believe that's it. What about you?
Four rubber feet
For
My new 10" Cab

revtime

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 17, 2014
kansas
Bought a relic tele in yellow. It will take a month or two to get here. Its coming from a custom shop in a far away land.

Wound_Up

You can call me Duane 😁
Silver Member
Jan 23, 2020
NW LA
Well I came here to post that I just ordered an octave pedal but I canceled the order.

It was for a Behringer UO300 Ultra Octaver. They're on sale for $20 at Sweetwater and Amazon so I ordered one and then I read the reviews. It only does 1 & 2 octaves below the original signal. Since I want octave up, also, I just canceled it.

Sixstringer107

Senior Stratmaster
Well I came here to post that I just ordered an octave pedal but I canceled the order.

It was for a Behringer UO300 Ultra Octaver. They're on sale for $20 at Sweetwater and Amazon so I ordered one and then I read the reviews. It only does 1 & 2 octaves below the original signal. Since I want octave up, also, I just canceled it.
I have one of those, i never use it because I think it sounds crappy.

Wound_Up

You can call me Duane 😁
Silver Member
Jan 23, 2020
NW LA
Just ordered another pedal from DemonFx. This time it's their Steel String Supreme, a copy of the Vertex Steel String Supreme which is apparently a copy of somebody's boost pedal. Mason doing what, Mason does best... Not having an, idea of his own and using everyone else's, then claiming it as his own.

I'm glad Demon copied it as I'd never buy anything from Vertex.

20220504_013715.jpg