Join Strat-Talk Today

What is it with my Cat and Amps?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by misterwogan, Dec 2, 2019 at 12:46 PM.

1. dirocyn

dirocyn Senior Stratmaster

Cats just like to be up on things. It would make sense if it was a holdover from their wild evolution, from being both predator and prey. The cats that like to be up in trees or up on boulders are more likely to survive when a wolf or coyote comes along. Not to mention it's a better vantage point to spot rodents and insects on the ground.

2. henderman

henderman Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

they gotta be the focus and they know you like the amp so they get on amp.

3. RhinestoneStrat

RhinestoneStrat Strat-Talker

Puddy tats think that guitar amplifiers make great scratch posts.:)

[​IMG]

4. circles

circles Resident Pinball Enthusiast Strat-Talk Supporter

When I take a break and fire up the guitar, I swear 9 times out of 10 Bart will show up out of nowhere. Especially if it's bluesy. In this vid, I didn't notice it at the time, but it took him 20 seconds to arrive in my office, you can see him sneak in on little cat feet.

He's not an 'amp sitter' though, that's the other one, Sweet Pea.

Jimi Lightning and misterwogan like this.
  5. misterwogan

misterwogan Senior Stratmaster

You're lucky to have a blues-appreciating cat. My last cat, Daisy (2006 - 2017) hated guitar so much that she would run out of the house - so in 2012 I gave up guitar and took up bass instead. She was happy. Josie (2017 -) is not bothered by anything, except being picked up.

circles likes this.
  6. Robins

Robins Dr. von Loudster Strat-Talk Supporter

Yeah, it is the heat and the hum and vibes by the transformer (even a small one).
    I like to sit on my amps as well while playing and I sure would love to hug them but my wife would go crazy seeing that.
    Maybe because I named one of those Taylor and gave it a Swift hug. Of course my wife will never forget.
    She doesn´t like other blondes, she hates browns and would cut reds. Black is no option but she does not like whites either. Blue, pink you name it.

Life is good,
    Robin

7. 79olympicwhite

79olympicwhite Strat-O-Master

20150403_131640.jpg same here, l gave him this cheap amp when l got my gibson ga 30 rvt...now he lays on this one and scatches the the **** outta the gibson...but l dont mind

davidKOS and misterwogan like this.
  8. misterwogan

misterwogan Senior Stratmaster

Sure, I gave up worrying about furniture and stuff when I got my first cat in 1996 - and it shows!

9. HighwayStar106

HighwayStar106 Strat-O-Master

The only thing that stops my cat from sitting on or in things is encouraging him to. If you leave a cardboard box lying around, he'll claim it, but if you give him one, he'll ignore it! He also likes to scratch up my gig bag, which is quite annoying.

Cars are his favourite though - he can sit on the warm bonnet, shelter from the rain under them, and use the roof of a convertible as a scratching post. He's definitely one of those 'I am entitled to all your things' kind of cats. :D

misterwogan likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.