What is Roger Waters’ problem?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Seamus OReally, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Wound_Up

Wound_Up CUSTOM USER TITLE Silver Member

As an outsider who doesn't favor one of them 2 over the other, I see things from a much different perspective than the rest of you. I have no loyalties so I'm not blowing off one person just because I like the other guy more.

Why doesn't David want them released? What's he trying to hide? It's petty, no doubt. But you guys should at least consider both sides and don't just be Gilmour groupies.

2. AncientAx

AncientAx Still hacking ....

I read somewhere that his family requested that they leave him alone as it caused him to go into bouts of depression seeing them .

3. Seamus OReally

Seamus OReally Mr. Serious Gold Supporting Member

Waters has spent his post-Floyd years touring “The Wall” and proving himself to be a right bastard. I don’t care about Pink Floyd… but Rogers Waters just bugs the crap out of me.

98bigapple, Nate D, Antstrat and 2 others like this.
  4. mad axe man

mad axe man Senior Stratmaster

they were both floyd...its a marriage thats all

circles and 3bolt79 like this.
  5. Wound_Up

Wound_Up CUSTOM USER TITLE Silver Member

Yea I won a trivia thing here and won his DVD. It wasn't bad at all. It sounded weird at first without everyone else there singing but otherwise it was pretty good. I didn't turn it off lol.

3bolt79 likes this.
  6. Middle Earth

Middle Earth Strat-Talker

Barrett fan here: unfortuately, Waters has spent the last 45 quarreling with the rest of the universe, with the great unknown, and who knows with whom or what else. That doesn't help any of his "causes".

Stratoman10 and Seamus OReally like this.
  7. stratfanGB

stratfanGB Strat-Talker

A first world problem!...Do something with your fame and influence to improve a situation somewhere else.

Seamus OReally and Middle Earth like this.
  8. Middle Earth

What you suggest (and I totally agree with you) costs money and requieres effort. Talk is cheap.

3bolt79 and Seamus OReally like this.
  9. BelairPlayer

BelairPlayer Strat-Talker

Imagine being that successful and still being a miserable, insufferable *****.

Archtops, circles, 3bolt79 and 5 others like this.
  10. Strums

Strums Strat-O-Master

Loved their music. Hate all the other bs.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  11. jbylake

jbylake Fabulously Famous Nobody Silver Member

I remember how glad I was when that finally came out, and how disappointed I was when I listened to it. Waters then claimed that he told everyone that the album was "unfinished" and far from ready for release. He mentioned that there was so much tension that the band just gave up and put out a piece of crap. I don't doubt his word, at least to that issue.

3bolt79 likes this.
  12. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Dr. Stratster

I like The Final Cut the best. You have to listen to the whole album with headphones. That’s when one can appreciate the album. It was recorded in a new to the eighties format. It was something like holophonic sound or something.

it’s weird, but there is one track that has noises like dogs barking and stuff like that. It’s like you are standing in the middle of a field. Facing 12 o’clock, you can hear dogs barking about a hundred feet to 11 o’clock, and a car driving over the face of the clock on a car driving aon the face from 1 o’clock straight down to 3 oclock.

really, try it with headphones. If you liked quadraphonic in the 70’s, you will probably like it.

mad axe man, Deafsoundguy and jbylake like this.
  13. EC Strat

EC Strat Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

Archtops and Seamus OReally like this.
  14. Bluestrat83

Bluestrat83 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Well I always thought that a reunion would be awesome (like a Gilmour-Waters tour). But I get DG side I mean RW spent decades just being an a** to him and bandmates. Wouldn’t want to be around the guy if I was them.

3bolt79 and Seamus OReally like this.
  15. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Censored

I can understand that, in fact I remember reading about a concert that was put together in his honor or benefit, I can't remember the details. Bunch of young bands influenced by Syd were there to perform, one of the punks blurted out Syd home adress loud and clear which caused all the fans to show up there and it really upset the family and must've disturbed Syd as well I imagine.

3bolt79 and AncientAx like this.
  16. Jimi Beckton

Jimi Beckton Strat-Talker

So awkward

3bolt79 and CB91710 like this.
  17. tanta07

tanta07 Senior Stratmaster

Coule be that he feels the original notes that suggested Waters was the key architect of the album were just factually inaccurate.

I imagine like with most arguments, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

I don't feel Gilmour is blameless in this whole dumb fued. It seems his default position is just to automatically say "no" to anything proposed by Waters.

I'm mostly just disappointed and kind of saddened that these guys are now in their 70s and still doing this with no end in sight.

3bolt79 and Middle Earth like this.
  18. Middle Earth

Yes it's tiresome. We all know that their 7 last years together were awful (mostly because of Waters' tyrannical behavior), but it's time to let go. Really.

19. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Dr. Stratster

I saw Waters in the nineties, and I also saw DG Pink Floyd around the time that pulse came out. DG was playing a stadium, and RW was in a medium sized venue.

Well, they were both great. Although, I have to say the RW show was better, thanks to this gal in the crowd. She was all over me. I made her wait until the show was over, and we walked out and got in my car. She made for an interesting ride home. Lucky we didn’t wreck!

Deafsoundguy, CB91710 and Nate D like this.
  20. Seamus OReally

Seamus OReally Mr. Serious Gold Supporting Member

No kidding. DG has a recording studio built in a narrowboat on a placid English channel… what’s he got to be bitter about?