What is Strat-Talk to you?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Believer7713, Jul 10, 2021.

1. dbolt

dbolt Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

The laughs and the learning.

2. Bob Spumoni

Bob Spumoni Senior Stratmaster

A place to talk about two of my favorite things, guitars and music, until some p----g contest breaks out or the PC crowd cops a snit.

Archtops, Tone Deaf and Believer7713 like this.
  3. 33db

33db Senior Stratmaster

This song captures how I feel.

4. nungesser

nungesser crash into your windshield of love

It started out as a place to get some modding info, I noticed RB on here going off topic quite a bit "What was the question" and that was my invitation to do the same. I found a group of encouraging supportive nice people here that I connected with and call my friends. I've even got to meet some of them and play music with them. I reckon it's a place I hang out with my friends

5. ukoldgit

ukoldgit Dr. Stratster

I fell through the door looking for a drink, got chatting to a couple of uze and ended up flakers on the floor, I think the conversation must have made me dizzy:whistling:

6. HazyPurple

HazyPurple Without stress... my life would be empty Silver Member

I like looking at NGD photos, with the deadly virtue ENVY!!!

7. of this world

of this world Senior Stratmaster

oh that was just a throwaway line about the cruel taunts of high schoolers... and the unfortunate coincidence of the play and movie hitting their cultural apex while i was in high school and the only merrick in all of known christendom at the time...

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    Nate D likes this.
  8. Scooter

Scooter Strat-Talk Member

Strat-talk (and the other forums like this one) is where people argue about gear instead of practicing :D

9. Scooter

Scooter Strat-Talk Member

You sound like you're a better human than most examples. Especially in this day and age, where ignorance seems to be celebrated and lack of compassion is a badge of honor.

Opossums are cool ;)

10. Nate D

Nate D Most Honored Senior Member

Wait, you didn’t get tacos?!?

Archtops, Believer7713 and Bowmap like this.
  11. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Most Honored Senior Member

A place to chill,have a few laughs and learn .
    Get turned on to some music I've never heard and get humbled by some o y'all's playing.
    Happy to share anything I can.
    But if ya learnin anything from me....
    You're a dumb s.o.b.

Archtops, ukoldgit, Jmart1212 and 4 others like this.
  12. heltershelton

heltershelton Vivamus libero Vivamus duris

not even one.
    i was lured and they pulled the old bait and switch.
    all i got was a gigantic bag of popcorn and a hangover.

13. Bowmap

Bowmap I nose a thang or two. Platinum Supporting Member

I was told there would be prizes at 10,000 posts.

14. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon

15. of this world

two practical things this forum offers: a surefire place to get good info on mechanical aspects of solid body guitars. (and apparently plumbing) -sure there's an ongoing circus of opinion to weed through, but the right answeres from the people who know always shine through, from @henderman to @Guitarmageddon to @fezz parka and @Ronkirn (there are many others, probably you) with solid advice from years of working with and on the dang things.

and the second thing, but more important, has been the improv challenges. for me they were exactly what i needed to turn a lifetime of reading and struggle to teach myself into a practical course of study that started producing immediate results. I'll never remember the whole gang of 2015-17 who were instrumental in my education, but many still participate in the challnges today... and those who dont, well, your contribution back then was mighty important and i appreciate your help along the way - @Mouse @simoncroft @fezz parka @dogletnoir @davidKOS @Thrup'ny Bit @alainvey @Dare1 @duzie @heltershelton @Noahclem @Swingbass @Raimonds @Ebidis @ultrahedgehog @ripgtr @blackstrat @mjark @jimyjazz @fumbler @pauljo1963 and many more... my gratitude for the learning and practice that the weekly challenges gave me, and the opportunity to listen to and try to comment on 10-20 different ideas of how to approach a track... i use those lessons daily in and out of music.

to be honest, the group as a whole is too large for me to enjoy, and i've struggled with certain aspects of the rules and their enforcement since my first days here in 2015, and while i butted heads with Paul Green many times (over rules and their enforcement) at least the bastard picked up the phone when you called him! LOL the new ownership has been ignoring my emails now for over two months and all i want to do is get my member accts rolled into one so i can continue to partake in my history at this site, LOL.

in truth, the people on this site, my closest friends as well as those who are passing acquaintances have been critical in helping me get through some of the more difficult days during my hospitalization... having round the clock visitor hours, with nutcases from around the world was such a soothing and centering thing while i lay there hooked to machines barely able to move and every spot a surgery site that was causing me grief... and before the surgery, the long days stuck in a bed, getting poked regularly by nurses, treated like an object by doctors, were also made much more endurable by the likes of you, telling jokes, dropping by or just offering a simple, "hang in there" - all of it was appreciated deeply and in the 6 weeks it's been since my cancer diagnosis and treatment began, you people have turned yourself from a noisy sports bar with Fender swag, into a kind and caring group of friends who I can and do count on for what friends (at a distance, true) provide, and also receive. Sure my complaints about the forum in general are still present, but the people who make up the forum, you guys, all seem so real, fragile as humans are, with lives I care about and hope to see open and blossom and fulfill, as the promise of life on Earth suggests is our destiny, left unmolested. I appreciate this place much more than i ever have, and in me you will always find a thankful and reliable friend.

(i'll still kick your ass tho if you brag about or advise anti-Mother Earth practices and/or present yourself as a sexist, racist, or homophobic jerk in any way... cuz that **** dont fly.)

Malurkey, Neil.C, Noahclem and 13 others like this.
  16. ukoldgit

ukoldgit Dr. Stratster

That's always the way when you bring your own (and drink it) heal thyself doctor.:whistling: (cant spell pyhsitian)

17. ukoldgit

ukoldgit Dr. Stratster

Well, that's that then, does this mean were all on your Christmas list? If so I would like a ...................

Bowmap and of this world like this.
  18. of this world

youre getting coal. all of you are getting coal.:D:cool:

19. Chont

Chont Most Honored Senior Member

The greatest group of close yet anonymous friends you could ever wish for.

This place is funny as hell sometimes but Its a treasure trove of both knowledge and support.

Archtops, Martin Mim, Bowmap and 3 others like this.
  20. fezz parka

fezz parka fezz parka

Call 'em out.
    If you don't reach them ..cut them off.
    That's how simple it is.

of this world likes this.