What is the BEST pickup position on a SSS Strat?

If you could only use one pickup on your SSS Strat for the rest of your life which would you chose?

• Bridge

Votes: 21 15.1%
  • Middle

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Neck

Votes: 86 61.9%

• Total voters

LOSTVENTURE

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 15, 2007
CHARLOTTE, NC
One of the great things about the Strat is that you can get so many tone variation put of it, And I like to get my money's worth. Depending on what song, or type of music, you are playing, the Strat can usually deliver a fitting tone, Personally, I seldom use the bridge pickup by itself.

El Gobernador

fezz parka
Apr 21, 2011
Nunyo, BZ
Please stay tuned for our next poll: What’s the best chord to play on your Strat?
53420d1527511497-tips-fretting-d13b5b9-d13b5b9-png

Hanson

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 3, 2016
Mesquite, Texas
Same here but then I got my Eric Johnson Strat and the bridge pickup on it is amazing. I also like the #2 position with a bunch of gain and the tone control cranked back (on the bridge pickup).

I’m really happy with the bridge pick up on my Eric Johnson….and yes #2 is great as well. I almost always play with with at least a small amount of gain, to crunch and it’s just perfect.

RPKennedy

Senior Stratmaster
Platinum Supporting Member
Apr 27, 2013
Oconomowoc, WI
I voted for the neck pickup position, but on my Eric Johnson Stratocaster the bridge pickup is fantastic.

And, the previous owner installed a push-push pot on the 2nd tone control to add the neck pickup to positions 1 & 2. Icing on the cake.

EyeLikeTortoise

Strat-Talker
Jan 12, 2021
New York
I thought about adding the blended pick up options in the poll but intentionally left them out. I wanted to see what people would chose if they were forced into one of the 3 standard pickup settings. In the mind of the guitar designers those were the only three options. But I agree that it is great that the Strat offers many more possibilities with 5-way switches and blend pots etc.