Join Strat-Talk Today

What is this pickup?

Discussion in 'Other Guitar Discussion' started by Bluestrat83, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Bluestrat83

Bluestrat83 Senior Stratmaster

I just got a new strat. A 2012 Black AV 59 that I got used and I just sent to the shop for a set up (tomorrow I’ll have the proper NGD thread).
    Anyways, the seller sent this extra pup in the case. It was in the pics but I didn’t thought he was actually sending it. It came in a Seymour fun JB jr box for the bridge but as far as I remember that is a minihumbucker.
    Anyone has any idea what this really is and how much can I ask for it if I sell?
    Thanks! E5645E3F-5C24-4D05-B290-0CF199D900A0.jpeg 21B985D3-CDA8-4B18-9B6C-D7986BF6E570.jpeg FCC815AB-2136-4CBA-94B1-0FA5A89A02A2.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  2. jack mccarthy

jack mccarthy Strat-Talk Member

The original broken pickup? lol

Was the guitar reworked for a replacement?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3. Bluestrat83

No it's good shape, this is the original. My tech sent a pic of the pickguard and the guitar came with a set of lollar specials which is the highest output they offer for strat. Those measure: Neck 6.7K, middle 7.1K, and bridge 7.6K acording to the lollar website. Sooo the seller didn't say anything about this and honestly I don't know if he knew but what the hell those are expensive pups, I'll give them a go... If I don't like em I sell em, no biggie this is going to be a player so not worried about having everything original in it (usually doesn't hurt the resale value in my country anyways).

jack mccarthy and 3bolt79 like this.
  4. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Senior Stratmaster

I wonder Fender has a dealer in your country. I am trying to find a dealer in Saudi Arabia. There was a classical dealer I heard about on another forum.since then my friend lost interest..

5. Bluestrat83

We have a dealer here but usually is way more expensive to deal with them because the import taxes in my country are crazy high. I usually bring my stuff here with my father in law that travels to New York every 6 months or with a student of mine that brings gear from the states and sells for a very decent fee.

3bolt79 likes this.
  6. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Senior Stratmaster

That’s great though as you can go to the dealer referrals for Warranty work. My friend has me scope them out and he looks when he’s in the states, but doesn’t know what he’s shopping for. He has since lost interest.

Bluestrat83 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.