Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups ad space available Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

What is this thing? 2004 MIM Stratocaster

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Diirek, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:21 PM.

1. Diirek

Diirek New Member!

Monday
    Boston, MA
    Sooo...

I found this used strat in Guitar Center. Its a 2004 MIM with a serial #MZ3171985.

[​IMG]

Guitar center claimed it was a 50th anniversary model, but everything I can find say only USA models with a maple fret board are 50th anniversary models.

Then I came across this thread:

https://www.strat-talk.com/threads/ngd-fsr-red-sparkle.237839/

This is what I think this guitar used to be, but somebody modified the [email protected] out of it. It now has:

- A legit 50th anniversary pickguard and matching backplate
    - Fender custom Shop pickups - don't know how to tell which model
    - locking tuners
    - roller nut
    - a micro tilt neck

I took some time to set the guitar up properly, and it plays and sounds amazing.

Am I way off here? Anybody got any additional input?

2. Strat-Slinger

Strat-Slinger Senior Stratmaster

I think you nailed it... it has some decent modifications with a roller nut, locking tuners and micro tilt :thumb:... but, the micro tilt thing does have me wondering... not the easiest thing to do (drilling, routing)... when a shim will do the trick...

3. Diirek

Diirek New Member!

Monday
    Boston, MA
    The microtilt has me scratching my head too. I pulled the neck off and the work looks factory. So either it came that way or someone who really knows what they're doing did it. One thing that has me thinking it's a mod though is that the adjustment screw is adjusted with a small flathead, not an Allen key. Either way, the guitar was a steal and I think I'll hold onto it.

dante1963 likes this.
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting