What is your guitar project today?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by dante1963, Aug 15, 2021.

1. ibdrkn1

ibdrkn1 Senior Stratmaster

Um, I use a right angle chord all the time with Strats. My two main guitars are a Strat and an SG. I refuse to use a straight cable into an SG.

You can use a 90 with the standard Strat Jack plate. At least I've been able to use any right angle chord I've ever owned with any Strat I've ever owned. I haven't owned all the Strat's and chords there ever was.

Teles???? Not so much. They usually get an Electrosocket.

Impulsive guppy likes this.
  2. Ian Ashdown

Ian Ashdown Strat-O-Master

Is that Candy Tangerine?

Colnago1 likes this.
  3. Clickitysplit

Clickitysplit Strat-Talker

> Is that Candy Tangerine?

Yep, that it is.

4. Ian Ashdown

Ian Ashdown Strat-O-Master

Saddle shaved down .05” and the action is much better now, but it did confirm that the nut without the double sided tape is too low. Only low E buzzes out, the rest are OK so I fit a 0.005” shim under the nut and it now seems fine. There’s no buzz unless I really hit it hard, which I don’t . . .

Ian
    SoCal

DB1B3C45-6BA7-4AE7-84D0-F427C4CB27DF.jpeg 022C49AB-75FF-4632-A949-B9FD9B0336B6.jpeg 34E503D8-E0A2-4C5B-A759-647B632ED6ED.jpeg 065FF1AF-4290-4403-A608-EA77A615A866.jpeg

5. Chipss36

Chipss36 Strat-O-Master

Still waiting on winter for less humid days..
    Then will be shooting some nitro.
    My srv scotch build is on hold for that.

nice classical Ian! Never played a mahogany back classical, how’s it sound?

6. pn8830

pn8830 Strat-Talker

I will have to address this. It's a friend's guitar on which I did a nut replacement. I saw at the time that this will become a problem because cracks were developing. The break is clean and fits nicely so I guess the toughest part will be doing a natural wear finish on the back. The original one is gone so the wood is pretty worn.
    20210816_101300.jpg
    20210816_102045.jpg
    20210816_102026.jpg

7. pn8830

pn8830 Strat-Talker

That's a nice looking guitar. What are these pickups?

8. Motocor

Motocor New Member!

Just picked up a new Duo Sonic HS and all it really needs is a setup!

Attached Files:

dante1963 likes this.
  9. Wayne Adams

Wayne Adams Strat-O-Master

Just ordered 50 ft of installation-rated mic cable and 20 right-angle connectors to make up patch cables for my effects pedalboard rebuild.

dante1963 likes this.
  10. train

train Fender 1 —the met. Silver Member

I’m scrounging for 5 string tele build.

dante1963 likes this.
  11. pn8830

pn8830 Strat-Talker

That is actually very cool. I was thinking about where to put a switch for coil splitting and this seems to be a nice solution.. LOL. How did I not think about it before, I could make it out of copper, would look nice and relic. I use a right angle cable with Strat jack plate when I play my "Hendix" Cort. It is more convenient.
    BTW, the neck looks awesome.

12. dublindave8456

dublindave8456 Senior Stratmaster

just bought one of these....

now to figure out how to use it !!!

preview.jpg

Wound_Up and dante1963 like this.
  13. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Silver Member

Actually practicing, lol

Mouse, davidd47, muttonbuster and 2 others like this.
  14. Tone Deaf

Tone Deaf Stratosaurus Magnificus Platinum Supporting Member

Those are the original Lace Sensor Gold ( not hot golds ).
    1995 Strat Plus

pn8830 likes this.
  15. Stonetone

Stonetone Most Honored Senior Member

Practicing for me, but getting ready to mod My Revstar 620 to what i'll be calling it the Red Line edition :)
    Got My set of Alnico II 59 PAF from Planet Tone along with New Pots and Orange drop Caps
    Now have to wait a bit more for the CFO to clear some more funds for new bridge and locking tuners :eek:

dante1963 likes this.
  16. dbb541

dbb541 Strat-O-Master

Just finished this one up. It's an old Harmony strat body, changed out the neck with licensed WD and put some early 80's dimarzio pickups in it. This is stuff I had in the parts drawer. Yes I added a logo to the neck, finished it in nitro. I always write parts caster in permanent marker inside the control cavity and on neck heel of I add a logo. I also left the contoured body logo off. With this one, the bridge and body shape are dead giveaways it's not a strat. Tuners are gotoh. No serial number on the neck.
    image (1).jpg image (2).jpg image (3).jpg image (4).jpg image (5).jpg image.jpg

davidd47, dante1963 and Stonetone like this.
  17. muttonbuster

muttonbuster Strat-O-Master

Democratic People's Republic of California.
    Going to at least start on getting the MIJ Jackson Dinky i recently bought all set up. I have three other guitars with Floyds, and think I might just try blocking this one. I'll take pictures if I get around to it.

dante1963 likes this.
  18. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster

Played out on Saturday, now I am reassembling the jam room. Drums are now set up, taking bit of time to clean up some stuff along the way.

dante1963 likes this.
  19. davidd47

davidd47 Strat-Talker

I don't know why I am chasing down stuff no one else wants and I really don't need.

It usually always ends in disappointment.

Got a call that a hunting buddy saw some old guitars or parts in a barn in NE Arkansas.
    When I got there I told them nicely that they had junk, one may be firewood the other Japanese junk.
    But I went ahead and bought them because I thought I could make out the Fender telltale signs even under a quarter inch worth of paint. Told them I would try and make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

200+ miles later and a day of stripping and to my surprise....

The pre-77 hardtail body was literally a partscaster, it was in two parts, broken in half with an Elmers glue job barely holding.
    The combination of a huge mineral streak with country boy over tightening of screws snapped this body in half.:eek:
    My guess.

After taking off 10 layers of latex over poly over nitro over poly black finishes and fixing a poorly done repair, the pre 77 body has it's tap tone back. Will re-dowel one of the poorly drilled holes in the neck pocket so it aligns and looks better.

The real surprise was what I thought may be a Japanese body turned out to be a '69 Fender body, it had a very old Japanese neck(60s?) with a old BR fretboard but had the smaller screw pattern originally. Everything else was not original and looked to be of import origin. No bridge hardware to be found.
    Later I talked to an Uncle who said he had a photo somewhere of him standing in front of his brand new black 69 Z28 with his brand new "black" guitar. Black Z with white racing stripes and a black Strat with maple neck and white pickgaurd. Sharp!
    Asked for a copy of the photo, he laughed and hung up on me, must of thought I was weird.
    I asked my buddy to ask him, he did think I was weird. o_O

Funny the Candy Tangerine reference since that is what the '77 is going to be.

The 69 will be either Olympic white, Ocean Turquoise metallic or Blue Ice metallic. Still deciding.:rolleyes:

Final sanding this week and order in what supplies I need.

Already have some killer era correct necks picked out.

Paid 50. bucks for both, now I kinda feel like I should mail em some more money. It's just Alder anyways right?.:whistling:
    IMG_2751.jpg IMG_2754.jpg

20. jvin248

jvin248 Senior Stratmaster

Guitar project .... well ... I'm restoring a couple of Fergusons this summer.

Hey, they are from the 1950s. A '55 and a '58.
    About 50% more horsepower than the similar Ford Ns out there.

[​IMG]
    Picture is random Internet but happens to have the pair and colors I'm working on.

dante1963 likes this.