What on the turntable this evening?

Patlogsdon

Strat-Talker
Dec 23, 2021
NC
Not a fan of Prince, meself, but otherwise great choices :thumb:
I wasn't a fan until I really listened. I bought the record for my GF. After all these years I got to listen through good speakers. The guitar tone in "Let's go Crazy" is brutal. The solos are much more than I remembered. I was/am a metal guy so I never really gave it a chance. That was"girl" music. Hmmmm? If you want the girls at your shows........ Go figure?

Guitarmageddon

Dr. Stratster
Apr 19, 2014
Canada
giphy-8.gif

FrieAsABird

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 18, 2020
Germany
Been listening to all kinds of stuff lately, today it was mainly Oasis. I used to scoff at them and call them wannabe Beatles, but then i realised that any band on earth would like to be the Beatles, so why not like the ones that are actually good at it? :)

Houdi Elbow

Strat-O-Master
Aug 9, 2021
UK
No turntables in my house these days.

Same here, Sold my turntable years ago. Sold all my vinyl and rebought all my collection on cd. Took ages to find a lot of my 70s albums on cd.
Now vinyl albums are back in vogue, and at ridiculously high prices.
I was browsing through HMV last week, and looking at the vinyl reissues of stuff I used to have, thinking "What????, are they having a laugh???" :eek:

Houdi Elbow

Strat-O-Master
Aug 9, 2021
UK
Now it seems cd's are old hat. But I'm staying with them. Trouble is you can't roll a funny cigarette on a cd cover.. Lol ;)