What Strat are you a sucker for?

Slartybartfast

Strat-Talker
Aug 10, 2020
Ca.
I currently have a 2005 American Series Stratocaster in Olympic White that has really aged nicely. It's a nice warm white, about the color of a banana (the inside, not the peel). And right now, I'm looking to buy....

Another Olympic White Stratocaster.

I don't know what to say. I'm a sucker for a Strat in OW.

What type of Strat do you find it hard to resist? What color or type do you have multiples of? Twins? Triplets?
Been thinking of a Partscaster modeled on a '66 thru '68 Olympic White, rosewood board. Like the ones Hendrix played after Monterey and before Woodstock. He used burst and black during that period but the B&W photo shoot at Fillmore West with the white one was killer. 1656519642141.png

thomasglide

Strat-Talk Member
Dec 1, 2011
Arizona
I currently have a 2005 American Series Stratocaster in Olympic White that has really aged nicely. It's a nice warm white, about the color of a banana (the inside, not the peel). And right now, I'm looking to buy....

What type of Strat do you find it hard to resist? What color or type do you have multiples of? Twins? Triplets?
Kind of a sucker for my burst Aerodyne. Really like the white binding.

Namelyguitar

Most Honored Senior Member
Jun 3, 2009
Mobile Bay, Alabama
S-types satisfy my Fender Strat itch these days. (That doesn't count my Tele, SG, and semi-hollow)

Although, the MIM that I had was great, and it sold quick after I installed the pickups from a Fender USA Stratocaster, and advertised it on CL.

superlon

Strat-Talk Member
Oct 3, 2015
DELAWARE

I am a sucker for the early maple fretboards... Soooo sexy...

theHIVE314

Strat-Talk Member
Sep 4, 2021
Missouri
Years ago, I HATED sunburst anything. Then I fell in love with a strat that ended up getting stolen from me. Since then, I have been trying to find the "one that got away." In that time, I have really liked the 50s and 60s Seafoam green and Daphne blue reissues.

ptb1

Strat-O-Master
Aug 20, 2020
Norway
the one on the left is killing me with GAS :)
I´m the 3rd owner, so I have the "full history". 1st owner bought it new in ´79 and had it until he past away. The widow sold it to the second owner in combo with a Fender apm in 2013. He was actually most interest in the amp, and barly played the guitar.
I bought it from him in march 2020 - and it was 100% original. When I took of the pick guard it looked like (and I guess..) it never had been off.
Here is a picture from the day I bought it:
IMG_1841 – Kopi.JPG
Original hard case and some of the "case candy" - and of course the trem-bar.
The only dent is the small one that can be seen under the switch.
Of course I have kept the original loaded pick guard, and the only mod that has been done it soldering on/off the jack socket and the ground cable.

Frankie2x

New Member!
May 6, 2020
United States
I’ve been really taken with the 70s strats. Not the real ones but the reissues. I took a chance on one that was a deal way back and I fell in love. I even bought a Squire CV 70s Strat. lol

JTPHead

Strat-Talk Member
Aug 18, 2021
Ireland
For some reason I don't really like the classickiest of classic colors, like Olimpic White, Sunburst and Black.
But I'm a sucker of the car color ones... and most of all Candy Apple red, especially with a black pickguard