What Stratocaster model is this?!

God of Thunder

Strat-Talk Member
Feb 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Hey gang! Can you help me identify this strat? I "believe" its a 62 AVRI but there are some things that throw me like the tuners and the round string tree (instead of a butterfly). Any tips would be appreciated!

Serial: V015771

jEy2Edhh.jpg

gprRsdth.png

gBEzIguh.jpg

VGbCieBh.jpg

uOH5jovh.jpg

FrieAsABird

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 18, 2020
Germany
This is all kinds of weird. First, the tuners look like the locking ones that were stock on some models in the 90s. Of course they could have been upgraded, but that doesn’t explain the weird serial, the body which has a somewhat unusual Color and the seemingly mismatched plastic parts…
Plus, the decal looks funky too. Kinda off, just in general…

Last edited:

Intune

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 14, 2021
Edmonton, Alberta
Used American vintage standard. Huh? Looks cool but definitely someone’s parts build. The neck could be a fender vintage reissue but that decal limits it to late 50’s early 60’s without pat numbers. String tree is wrong and the vintage tuners have been replaced.

That body colour is cool but I’m pretty sure that’s on the newer pro II stuff. More pics would definitely help to determine what it is. At this point one can only guess.

Murdog

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
May 7, 2021
U.S.A.
No skunk stripe, locking tuners, transfers all over the place, just don't look right, partscaster is all I can say.
Agree on the locking tuners, however Fender did stop using the skunk strip in the early 60's. They re-introduced them in '69 on one piece maple necks. They were not available on rosewood fingerboards until '72. If this is a '62 re-issue that would be period correct.

Last edited: