What the hell is a Uvula?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by seanskull92, Oct 26, 2009.

1. seanskull92

seanskull92 Strat-Talker

so last night i took it upon my self to drink excessive amounts of alcohol, for lack of anything intresting to do. started with a bottle of wine with wifey ended with an undetermined number of beers around 3am at a party where everyone but myself was dressed up for halloween. i ave a foggy memory of how i got home, i recall my good friend tom saying hed take me but i have no idea if he did. anyhow, i got home to my bed safely, with every intention to wake up and watch football all day. this was not the case. i woke up around 130 pm feeling like all hell, which is to be expected from a night of belligerent inebriation. but my hang over was was put on the back burner at a new discovery in my mouth. that dangling participle that is between my tonsils(apparently called the uvula) was about 3 times its normal size. and still is slightly inflamed. after some internet research i found that benadryl and gargling salt water should fix this problem. well its 12 hours later and the swelling is still present. so basically has anyone ever encountered this and when the hell will it go away. it feels like im just trying to swallow something that wont go away. HELLPPP!!

also, for anyone who is interested, this does not effect your guitar playing ability.

2. ZL1LoVeR

ZL1LoVeR Strat-O-Master

Sorry my friend for your sufferin'... I'd go and see a doctor if I were you

3. leonard d rock

leonard d rock Strat-Talker

isnt an ovula part of a woman's anatomy?

4. AllroyPA

AllroyPA LeftyStrategist

Sounds like an allergic reaction to something. Hope you're ok sean. Alcohol is a depressant, never good to excess.

5. still_fiddlin

still_fiddlin Senior Stratmaster

6. T-Bodz Terry B.

T-Bodz Terry B. Most Honored Senior Member

I have the same issue every time that I drink a Margarita, Daqueri, etc!
    Something about the Mixer / Sweet and Sour...... therefore I quite drinking
    all Foo Foo Drinks! Scotch & Soda or Beer for me ONLY!

7. tubetone1956

tubetone1956 Strat-O-Master

"What the hell is a uvula?"

When the little man in your head, the one with the hammer, when he's finished tapping on the inside of your skull he moves to the back of your throat and uses the uvula as a punching bag, hence the swelling.

Take two aspirin and post again in the morning.

It's easy to poke fun when you're not the one misery. But seriously, I think everyone should get drunk at least once in their life so the following day they'll discover what water really tastes like.

Cheers!

8. fatstratdeluxed

fatstratdeluxed Strat-O-Master

Yeah it's an allergic reaction. I get the same thing if I have too many beers, liquor, etc., but it will go away. That's why I have to limit myself when drinking - I hate the feeling of my throat not being able to swallow something, and that's how it is.

9. f6_full_melt

f6_full_melt Strat-Talker

Cheers indeed my friend! :D