What would you choose?

Intune

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 14, 2021
Edmonton, Alberta
Honestly most interested in the Jaguar.
Spill.
A46A7EA5-B7A6-4271-9984-349CD6BA657D.jpeg

It’s a AV65 jag I had MJT refinish in ice blue metallic with matching headstock. Then added a actual 63 tortoise pickguard and lightly aged all the hardware.

Gimme that blue strat and I’ll be gone! Is that the 65 style build you did recently @Intune ? They all look delish, but I’d go with that blue strat for sure :)

Yes the heavily faded LPB strat was the mid 60’s build. Now the AO 60’s neck is gone and it’s got a large Allparts neck. So more a 63ish strat now.

Mouse

The Knees of Rock
Apr 25, 2012
New Jersey
I'm curious what the response would be had the Tele not been the closest to the camera. Seems like a magician's force.

I'd probably go with the Jaguar as I don't have one. Plus it properly has 22 frets. ;)

PonyB

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 3, 2020
above ground
View attachment 574900

It’s a AV65 jag I had MJT refinish in ice blue metallic with matching headstock. Then added a actual 63 tortoise pickguard and lightly aged all the hardware.

Yes the heavily faded LPB strat was the mid 60’s build. Now the AO 60’s neck is gone and it’s got a large Allparts neck. So more a 63ish strat now.
What a stunning instrument!

sunburst_xxii

Strat-Talker
May 11, 2022
R86050
It all depends! I suppose, theoretically - if you were offering one to me, I'd have to take the Tele - BUT... that's only because I already have a Strat that I love, and I need some Butterscotch in my life. If I didn't have a Strat, and I was asked to choose - I'd struggle between the two Strats here... the LPB is ridiculously cool - but ultimately, for me - if I had to choose - I'd have to go for the classic Sunburst.

When do you announce the winner!? 🤞 :)

Gary Davies

Strat-Talker
Oct 16, 2014
Cornwall, UK
Nice set, and yes like a few others I'm wondering about the Tele being in the foreground, and whether that subconsciously influenced folks. Could be a colour/color issue as well I suppose, or just that a lot of folks like Teles in that spec. :)

YohanTheMan

Strat-O-Master
Sep 3, 2020
Denmark
Lake Placid Blue (LPB)
Thanks 👍
I was gonna say LPB, but I've been on a roll lately of getting colors wrong. It happens that what I think is one of the standard colors, turns out to be a niche not often used limited color. With the differences in just one color, the lighting and angle of photos, coupled with my lack of knowledge about Fenders colors, maybe it's best I just do what @eoms said and just call it "blue" but I'm not even sure I could get that right.

I might seem self deprecating, but I just applied a lot of Tiger Balm to my mosquito bitten and ridden legs, and had to take a leak after. I stood there in the bathroom thinking that should really wash my hands before going number 1, but I, a OCD "suffering" person, who washes hands more times a day than 99,99 of the people on earth, thought that I could just get away with washing hands after doing business. 2/10 would not recommend...not unless you're into this kinda s**t.

F**K..IT..BURNS!!😱