What's RARE about this Strat?

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
It's only one of 123,432, give or take, made.. so after those there are no more... better hurry ..:p
Kind of limited edition with the benefit of hindsight?
Its rare to find someone with large enough stones to ask that much for a POS like that.
‘Scuse me for asking but, description aside, why is a reasonable US Strat now a POS?

painter33

Strat-Talker
Dec 27, 2008
Delaware
So, does any Strat that’s black get to be called “Blackie”? With 3-ply 11-hole pickguard? And, no other reference to the genuine Blackie?

Rufustelestrat

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 7, 2010
Banning, California
Oh and this:
For this reason, it’s been used a fair bit for gigging so has some marks to body. A little wear to tone knobs etc as expected but I feel this all adds to character and the storyline of the guitar. The back plate was removed for a vintage feel (easily replaced if required)
And this:
One larger paint chip on underside as seen in pics. The neck is in great shape. Frets are good. As mentioned, it’s set up professionally so plays super slick with no buzzing issues. A true players guitar.
A shame to see her go. Needs must. (not sure what a Must is)

Can courier within Uk 🇬🇧

I only use a trusted courier 🚚(Good to know they are trusted, I would hate for you to choose Uncle Ernie)

CB91710

No GAS shortage here
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 24, 2019
SoCal
So, does any Strat that’s black get to be called “Blackie”? With 3-ply 11-hole pickguard? And, no other reference to the genuine Blackie?
You can name your guitar anything you'd like.

Though I'd be hesitant to refer to my Olympic White Strat as "Whitey"

somebodyelseuk

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 29, 2022
Birmingham UK
"The busys", LMAO. My partner calls them that and she's a Brummie. But here in Scotland you mean the "Polis" surely laddie! 🤣.
Yeah, I'm actually a Manc, living in Brum. I'll be honest, I don't know what the locals call 'em, but based on their physical condition, 'plod' would be apt, since that's about top speed for them.

Glyderslead

Strat-Talker
Jul 19, 2017
Outside to the left
Hmmmm. This is a photo of my 1983 Emerald Green Stratocaster but I have one in black too, same year, with chrome instead of gold parts. Noiseless pickups and buttons instead of a slide pickup changer = 7 sounds.

Now, that makes it a rare guitar. Not too many of these about for sale these days either.

Trust me, when these were made the owners of Fender at that time were really trying hard to make a very good guitar.

Attachments

• IMG_1221.JPG
    IMG_1221.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 7

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
Classic ‘pump & dump’…! I think the only thing that’s rare ~ is the seller 😲
‘Pump and dump’…………..sounds like an enema
well considering the asking price, it's probably a Piece of petrified Dinosaur shi* ..
A POS is a POS regardless of the asking price. I think you’re meaning ‘not good value’, it doesn’t look to be too bad as a guitar.

DeanIversenGreen

Strat-Talk Member
Mar 18, 2016
Seattle, Wa.
but but its "blackie" says so right in the description .. I've seen tards call squiers blackie, yadda yadda yadda, not a copy, but blackie, given there is only one this doods delusions are grandeur, far more than mine.. give ya $350 for it

DeanIversenGreen

Strat-Talk Member
Mar 18, 2016
Seattle, Wa.
Hmmmm. This is a photo of my 1983 Emerald Green Stratocaster but I have one in black too, same year, with chrome instead of gold parts. Noiseless pickups and buttons instead of a slide pickup changer = 7 sounds.

Now, that makes it a rare guitar. Not too many of these about for sale these days either.

Trust me, when these were made the owners of Fender at that time were really trying hard to make a very good guitar.

legit.. want one, or "the strat" .. flame be nice like o have ancie flame top of each leite and the strat.. .. problem is I have such an addiction for heel adjust guitars I throw up a lil when I see an access hole on a headstock.. guess I can always put a sticker over it .. nice guitars tho they are fairly valuable, give em some time..

real or not?

Last edited:

Latest posts