What's This??

Lost Sailor

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 20, 2012
Wolf 359
I made a trade a while back for a 2012 American Standard.....I didn't like the tortoise shell pick guard so I replaced it....I put it on a 2000 MIM - I saw something that made me curious then, but left it alone.....well, today I got the parts to make that MIM HSS -- a new pickguard on it so here is the old one front and back -- it is offset near the two tone control holes

Attachments

• DSC00832.jpg
    DSC00832.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC00835.jpg
    DSC00835.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 85

Lost Sailor

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 20, 2012
Wolf 359
Could be, but I thought Gilmour's guitars were black -- it looks like the hole was plugged....then this is not stock --this pickguard is useless to me now the guitar it was on originally is the one on the right in my avatar.

I am just getting into mods, I played a 72 from then until 96 when I got a MIJ I didn't know so many variations were around for the longest time....I never wanted anything else.

Attachments

• DSC00838.jpg
    DSC00838.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 73

fenderkev

Most Honored Senior Member
Aug 18, 2009
Back In Blighty
No certainly not stock on a 2012 Am Std. That hole was probably drilled by the previous owner to accept some sort of mini switch.

fumbler

PhD-Stratology
Oct 22, 2009
New Joisey!
That's from a push/push switch that was actually stock on the Deluxe Players strat. It was a "bridge on" switch before they started using the S1 switch. (That same switch was also on early versions of the Jeff Beck strat that was HSS, I think it was a coil splitter for the bridge 'bucker.)

$(KGrHqVHJBMFIC3b6RvcBSHh3-zgCg~~60_57.JPG

002-0803-KIT.jpg

Lost Sailor

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 20, 2012
Wolf 359
That looks just like the housing inside the pickguard....hmmm when I asked Fender about the SN on that guitar they said it was a standard....maybe it was an old mod or there for a switch to be added.

Thanks for the info

fumbler

PhD-Stratology
Oct 22, 2009
New Joisey!
Bodies or pickguards can be changed. Your pickguard sure looks like a deluxe player. The hole for the switch is in exactly the right spot.

Tele like it is

Left is right!
Apr 2, 2010
Los Angeles
That's from a push/push switch that was actually stock on the Deluxe Players strat. It was a "bridge on" switch before they started using the S1 switch. (That same switch was also on early versions of the Jeff Beck strat that was HSS, I think it was a coil splitter for the bridge 'bucker.)

$(KGrHqVHJBMFIC3b6RvcBSHh3-zgCg~~60_57.JPG

002-0803-KIT.jpg

Bodies or pickguards can be changed. Your pickguard sure looks like a deluxe player. The hole for the switch is in exactly the right spot.

DING, DING, DING! We have a winner!

CalicoSkies

Most Honored Senior Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2013
Beaverton, OR, USA
Fender still makes the Deluxe Player's Strat - So it's not a "was". :)